People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Picket Fence

Yesterday, all I needed was a picket fence, and my day would have been... Ideal.

Other than my present back pain, that was taken care of with a trip to the doctor... everything was perfect.
My kid, 100% integrated into the new school program, and I couldn't be happier.
Even though half way through the day, I get a call asking about the snack packed... "isn't he allergic to soy?"
These are snacks that his father helped him purchase, and I guess it was a little silly of me to think, that he would have checked the ingredients for things his son is allergic too. *slaps forehead*
"Thank you for calling, please disregard that snack, I will go through the other snacks recently purchased, and this problem won't happen again."
UGH!
Half-way through my day, my Heart came by, bringing me lunch, and just being there for me.
I love the fact that he has a secure enough job, that he could just do that.
**BEAMS**
truly perfect... but, then again, nothing is "truly perfect"... I guess it would be more accurate if I said, that I couldn't ask for better.

My heart wanted to go with me to pick up Joe, see where his new school is, and just because I know he loves him.
As we walk in, the attendant, "Are you Joey's parents?"
My heart nods, and extends a hand for the woman to shake.
I glow, noticeably, because he looked down at me and smiled.
Then we had dinner, and bed time routine...
I couldn't have asked for a better first day for Joe.
I love our little family unit.

So, I recommend, you go out... find your Picket Fence moment, and treasure it.
They don't come often, but when they do.... there's no other feeling like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment