People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Addictions.. (Not an original idea)

I read a blog.. Our Monkey Life .... and today the witty and brilliant author talked about addictions.. you know junk food... and it made me think...

About my past.
About things that once were.
About how weak I used to be.

I am happy to say that today, I am addicted... to Junk Food... like every other red blooded woman! It calls to us....
But, at one time, I was addicted to something way more sinister. Something that could have taken my life. I got through, I am in recovery.. A SELF-MADE, NO REHAB RECOVERY...

My addiction was severe. There were days I couldn't tell you my name, where I was... which way was up. 
It was awful, I hated myself. I hated what I was doing to myself. But, I couldn't stop. Simply, and truly... I would cry about how much I hated the feeling, self-loathing, THE WORKS. But, couldn't stop. 

One day, I woke up... looked at myself in the mirror... and said NO MORE. 
That was it. Haven't turned back, haven't even thought about it. (until now)
I didn't have any symptoms of withdrawal and trust me I should have.....

Then I had Emry... The worlds' most perfect child (I'm biased, I know).... And now, I am so strong. 
I have self-worth. I have self-esteem. I know I can handle life. I know I can love life... without a substance keeping me a float.

I brought myself from the ashes... and am very proud of where I am now. 

I am glad that I can say that I am Addicted... to Junk food.... I am glad to say that I am no longer a JUNKIE... 

ICE CREAM
CHEESE FILLED PRETZELS
FERRERO ROCHE DARK CHOCOLATE

These are my addictions.
And, I am damn proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment