People Just as Crazy as Me

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Can't take it back

It is official. When a woman is menstrual.. it must be law, that she must be disconnected from the primary communication to her significant other... Bad shit is always said. 

Normally, I am not a vicious woman when I'm menstrual. But this month, I have been 100% dragon lady. 
I have been having the following moments:

                              * Clingy
                              * Angry
                              * Short tempered
                              * 10x the normal amount of Bitchy


I have done my best not to expose this to Klay. It is not his fault that hormones have attacked each cell of my body turning me into this Super villain version of myself.
But, last night... I lost it... Completely lost my cool....

He had spent time up with his family for a Med School Graduation. Cool right?
I really love a night off just to walk around my house with my clay facial mask on, being 100% girly.
However, the next day... after I was told "I have no idea what time we are getting home", I find out that he is ... in fact... all ready home. Now I do not need constant attention, but there were things we needed to discuss in order to figure out our weekend. Arrangements that needed to be made regarding Emry. 
Klay knew that. 

After I am subtly told that he is home, at a normal hour... I hear... "I need to take a nap." or something along those lines. No mention of figuring out the weekend or not. 

This is when the estrogen and PMS took over my body. Leaving no sane cells in my entire being.

I got angry. 

This is a feeling that I have not felt in a while. At least not to this intensity. 

So, before I knew what I was doing, my fingers were flying away on the keyboard of my cellphone.
I wrote the following, "Why don't you turn your nap into a coma. And, I'll just see you sometime this weekend. Don't want you to get sick again."

And, I hit send.

AND THEN KNEW THAT I CROSSED THE BITCHY GIRLFRIEND LINE OF NO RETURN.

But, I was still too PMS-y to write an apology, or an "Oops, did that come out as bad, as I think it did."

So, I let it sit... which in retrospect was not the best idea. . . . . . but, pride took over. PMS and PRIDE... Should be a title of a novel about a woman who alienates the man she loves... just because her week long friend had to stay with her.

**SIGHS**

How do I proceed?
Do, I just get packed up for what we planned to do this weekend and go get Klay at the appropriate time?
Do, I go without him, and show extreme hubris?
Do, I not go at all, and wait for him to show?
Do, I not go at all, and go to him?


Can you tell I'm still a tad bit menstrual??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


(SIDE NOTE: Thanks for the commentary yesterday. I'm glad to know that I am not alone.)

Well, I started my laundry... and I'll clean the upstairs today... then we'll see how I feel, and how I proceed. I'll keep you all posted.

Does anyone have any interesting plans today?


Does anyone else lose there sanity once a month????



3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got your comments running!!! I read ya all the time girl.

    Don't worry, I hear tell from everyone that I am hell on wheels during 'that time' But the one good thing is that when I am super pissed I clean like mad :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I go completely crazy once a month. Men cower in corners when I walk into a room. My poor children hide and play quietly in their rooms. I've screamed, thrown things, sobbed, stormed out, blamed everyone else, screamed horrible words, and written nasty notes. I become a complete monster once a month. I wish I could figure out a way to beat PMS and hormones. I know when I've crossed a line, but my hormones rage and push me further. Like a Jekyll and Hyde situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran across this: www.funfacts.com.au/calling-all-women-this-one/ today, and thought of your post. Just wanted to share, and let you know, you're not the only one that goes psycho once a month.

    ReplyDelete