Okay, I haven't been out of high school for too long, about 8 years.
(SIDE NOTE: Yeah, I'm 26 years old... and mother to a 4 year old, and have already been divorced... I've had a rough existance until recently).
But, I was thinking about it... Do you remember when:
* Lunch was a $1.75
* Your biggest concern was doing homework or studying for a quiz
* Having a locker combination
* Trying to rush to your locker between the end of class and the beginning of the next one
* That cute couple always making out somewhere in the hallway
* The amount of anger you placed on going to gym class
* Trying to get the elective that was a "bird course", that only special people got.
* SUMMER BREAK, SPRING BREAK
* etc. etc. etc.
I was reminiscing about high school, and I have come to the realization that I miss it.
Even though while I was there, I dreamt about getting out, and far away from the school, the town, and 75% of it's population.
I actually do miss it. It was such a simpler time, and the worries I had, seem so trivial now.
They were the world' worst problems then... but now, having lived the 8 most "interesting" years... I have grown an appreciation for the simplicity of being a teenager.
I can't wait to see how Emry turns out; how he will be as a teenager.
I can't wait to see how I'll react to him being a teenager; how I will keep being "in charge" and still allowing him to grow into a man.
Surreal thought process this morning.
I blame it on the coffee I drank.