People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, August 22, 2011

Music Mondays - Bad Meets Evil - (Eminem ft. Bruno Mars) Lighters


Okay before you all stop following me... Let me get my point across!
**Giggles**

I heard this song on the radio, and kind of dug it... Thinking it was another cute poppy "song" from Bruno Mars, I turned it up... He's slightly annoying, but his songs can be catchy.. And, then, Eminem started to rap.
I kind of had a "Despicable Me" minion moment, where I looked at the radio and went "Whaaaaa?"



After the song was over, the name of the group was "Bad Meets Evil".
So, I now, made the "HUH" noise.

I don't really keep up with a lot of todays music.. but, I have surely never heard of this group before, and I swore I heard Eminem.. he has a distinct sound. And, for a rapper, you can actually understand what he's saying... All in all, I think he's a gem in the rap community.... everyone else is... mummbly... and well, they don't make sense to me. Just saying.

But, since I was confused... I had to look it up:
---------------------------------

NOW A WORD FROM WIKIPEIDA:

Bad Meets Evil is an American hip hop supergroup from Detroit, Michigan that consists of rappers Royce da 5'9" and Eminem. They are best known for collaborating on a self-titled song that appeared on Eminem's major-label debut album The Slim Shady LP in 1999, their early association with Dr. Dre and his label Aftermath Entertainment, and their hit EP Hell: The Sequel.

Bad Meets Evil split up in early 2000s, after Royce fell out with Eminem's group, D12. They have since reunited and released their EP Hell: The Sequel on June 14, 2011, which debuted at number 1 in the Billboard 200 charts. Final numbers for the first week sales of the EP were 171,000 via Sound Scan.

-------------------------------------

And that is what I learned.
So, I wasn't necessarily wrong.. but, I was then left with the urge to ask, "Why?"
Why is it necessary to form a "super group" (I think that's a little strongly titled... it's okay....not SUPER.)
Why couldn't it be Eminem and Royce da 5'9 ft. Bruno Mars?

Seems a little silly to me.

It's like they are a recess club.
You know what I mean?
Y'all hang out at recess, the same group, and then one day... "WE SHOULD BE A CLUB! LET'S MAKE UP A NAME!"

It's a grown up version of that.

Just saying.

The song is kind of catchy though... a little narcissistic... but catchy

No comments:

Post a Comment