People Just as Crazy as Me

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday, September 4, 2011 - PARENTING A MONSTER

We all know that I rarely do weekend posts.
It's not really my thing... and honestly, I'm usually to wrapped up in house stuff to even look at my laptop.

Emry is a little over 4 1/2 years old... but, as this year has progressed his... will... meh, not will, jeez, his.... BRATTINESS has come in FULL BORE.

What am I supposed to do?
It sucks to have to GROUND a 4 year old.

He won't listen ... He knows when I'm getting upset, and he just keeps up.

IS THIS NORMAL?

And, he ISN'T spoiled. I take stuff away and throw stuff away... Whenever necessary.

I'll take away TV... send him to bed super early... and he takes the punishment.

Sometimes there's a fight for it.. but not much...

What's weird is: He seems to understand that he's bad and there's reprecussions. However, recently, the next day, he tries to push the very same button... or do the very same bad thing.

So, for the first time... We are doing back to back grounding days. No TV... No playing outside... and going to bed early.

We talked it through.. He understands, he tells me he'll be better... but, secretly, I know it isn't true.

I just don't know how to fix the behavior. I don't know what to do differently, in order to convince him to act better.

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE?

Anyone have any words of encouragement for me?

It's feeling quite impossible ... Like I can't continue on this path with him.

I started thinking about if I could afford boarding school.. you know, if I ate Ramen Noodles for the rest of my life.

**SIGHS**

Help


3 comments:

  1. GROUNDING I THINK IS MORE FOR TEENAGERS. HUGS ARE BETTER FOR A FOUR YEAR OLD. JUST LOVE HIM TO DEATH. WALK AWAY WHEN HE'S MISBEHAVING AND JUST TELL HIM WHEN HE'S READY TO BE GOOD THEN YOU'LL TALK BUT NOT UNTIL THEN. YELLING AND SCREAMING AT A SMALL CHILD REALLY DOESN'T HELP. BECAUSE THEN IT GETS TO THE POINT WHO SCREAMING LOUDER. I WOULD MAKE HIM JUST SIT IN A CHAIR UNTIL HE IS GOOD AND TELL HIM HE NEEDS TO SAY HE'S SORRY. THEN YOU NEED TO SAY YOUR SORRY ALSO. IT WORKS.

    JUST A FRIEND THAT ENJOYS READING YOUR BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a four year old son called Callum, this is very normal, don't worry he will grow out of it, I am very fond of the time out, five minutes works as If its too long they forget why they are grounded plus its so short that you will be able to stick with the punishment as you should never show any weakness or your screwd for life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love your blog so I am passing on two awards to you. The versatile blogger award, and the irresistibly sweet blog award. Check out my blog post for details.Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete