People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursdacap - 11/17/11

So...
Tired....

Need....
Sleep....

There's no sleep...
I can sleep when I'm dead...

MUST MAKE IT TO FRIDAY....
Rather do housework than be in this office.

Okay,

Recap.....................Worked, Got Slammed with MORE work... Took care of Emry...Cancelled all doctor's appointments, because I need to save money for the impending holiday.... STUPID HOLIDAY... STUPID FAMILY.... STUPID SANTA CLAUS ACTUALLY BEING ME. Stupid me for loving the death out of ALL of them.

****grrrrrr********

But, I digress...


I think Klay and I have decided to split the costs on presents for my dad, his parents, and his brother/sister-in-law......That's great.... a major relief.

I have everything covered I think...
Except: MY BOSS.

OH Wait... Have I started talking about Christmas Shopping before December 1st?
Is that a faux pas?

Image Detail
Image Detail


Well, not really.. I don't hate Christmas... I hate the STRESS of Christmas...

Thus, I start my shopping in November, determined to get it done before Thanksgiving... But, since that's not going to happen this year... I gave myself until the 10th of December.

This way. The only thing I have to do, is put up the decorations and ornaments... on my fake tree...
And wrap said presents.

I'm not a fan of shopping... I hate crowds of people all looking at similar things... It really irks me....
Especially, when you are looking at something, I mean, the thing is IN YOUR BLOODY HANDS, and someone is looming over your shoulder looking at it too.... ready to pounce on it if you put it down....

In some cases, "Are you going to buy that?"

I live in NY... not the city... technically "upstate"... however, people think we are in the boogey down Bronx the way they act around here....

My patience is tested on the regular....
I don't have much left for people I don't know...
I usually raise my eyebrow and walk away with said item... then put it down near a register.

SPITE.
That's why I do it.

SPITE.

Anyway...
I got way off track here.... Oh that's right, I can't find anything to get for my CHRISTIAN STRAIGHT EDGE BOSS...

SUGGESTIONS???

None.

I know, I am at a loss too....
Dollar Tree better have some nice stuff...
(I'm joking...sort of....)

Oh well, I suppose I should get back to work.

Hey... Tell me:

  • When do you start your Christmas shopping?
  • What do you do when you simply can't find the right gift for someone?
  • Is hand making gifts CHEESY?
  • What about re-gifting, have you ever done that?
  • Ever re-gift to a person who got you the said re gifting present?
  • Funny anecdotes? Anyone? Bueller?


2 comments:

  1. Haha, I feel your pain. I usually shop in December and have known to hit the store on Christmas eve in some cases. This year a pre-paid credit card and not spending more than what is on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY NOT BUY SOMEONE A CHRISTMAS DINNNER AND GIVE THE BOSS A CARD AND TELL HIM YOU GAVE IT IN HIS NAME. WHY NOT? OR SEND A CHECK TO A SINGLE MOTHER THAT COULD USE AN EXTRA DOLLAR AND GIVE IT IN HIS NAME THEN TELL HIM THAT'S WHAT YOU DID. THE GIFT OF REGIFTING. IT KEEPS CHRIST IN THE NAME OF CHRIST MAS.

    GRANNY FROM FLORIDA

    ReplyDelete