People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Emry Chronicles - Christmas Concert



Emry was a "shepherd" in this years School Christmas Concert/Pagent (I'm sorry, I don't know the difference between those two words... But, clearly there is... so I'm going to use both....)

He sang his little BUTT OFF.... Screaming "Away in the Manger" and "Silent Night" at the top of his lungs... There were at least 40 kids on stage with him, and you could clearly hear him.. . Mostly in tune, I might add.

The kids were so excited to be a part of this concert/pagent with the older grades, you could tell.

And, from time to time, you would see Emry scan the crowd, to find us (My father, Klay and I).......flaunt us a smile and a wave... As in to say, "Look what I'm doing, Look how big I am".

The only problem... The part of the concert/pagent that the pre-k through 3rd graders were in... was the last part. We didn't get home until 9:00pm.

So, Emry knocked out....... in his new Twin sized bed.

Oh wait..... Did I drop that in and not tell you the wonderous-ness of it? (Yeah, I know wonderous-ness isn't a word, but I thought wonderocity would be a BIG stretch).

This past Saturday, the delivery men came to build Emry's BRAND NEW, ALL WOOD, TWIN LOFT BED. It came with a bookshelf, a small dresser, and a pull out desk. I found a mattress via MainStays (Walmarts furnishing brand) for $90 bucks, and honestly, it's a super comfy mattress. 100x cushier than the toddler mattress he once had.  Emry picked his own sheets and comforter... so it really had his personal touch.

He loves it.
He's sleeping so well now... It makes me wonder, if he had trouble falling asleep due to the comfort level of the toddler bed.... Because now...........OUT LIKE A LIGHT. I can barely read him a Chapter in a book without him knocking out.

I had to purchase a multi-headed lamp, in order to get the room more light... but, now that's it in (I installed it last night, I am super handy....no directions needed!)......His room is bright as the sun, at nighttime... no more straining to read... No more of me fearing his eyes were being strained if he decided to play up there before bedtime... Perfect Light.

Last problem, which will be easily handled.

He needs a chair in their now.
Like one he can pull up to the desk, if need be... or one for ME to sit and read at nighttime.
Right now, I am sitting on the floor.....or standing next to the bed, which I don't mind... but hey, sitting would be nice.

I have a chair in my room... that I don't use........and material that was given to me......that actually matches Emry's color scheme..........A friend is loaning me her staple gun.....WALL-AH! I am going to reapholster the chair.
TA-DA!

So, I have to wait for the staple gun, and then I am in BUSINESS!


But, all-in-all Emry's life is pretty sweet right now.
We had an amazing week.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the big boy bed! That's a huge deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI:


    PAGEANT

    1. An elaborate public spectacle illustrative of the history of a place, institution or the like, often given in dramatic form or as a procession of colorful floats.

    2. A costumed procession, masque, allegorical tableau or the like forming part of public or social festivities.

    3. A show or exhibition, especially one consisting of a succession of participants or events: A beauty pageant.




    CONCERT

    1. A public musical performance in which a number of singers or instrumentalists, or both, participate.

    2. A public performance, usually by an individual singer, instrumentalist or the like; a recital: The violinist has given concerts all over the world.


    I'd say what your son was in was a pageant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is related to:Loft bed is usually made of wood. It is quite easy to build. I want to buy a bunk bed at wholesale can find all the relevant information on the Internet. Preset of the types of bunk beds can be compared to various sites, especially the loft bed.full size loft bed wood.I am very thank full for your commenting.

    ReplyDelete