People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday - December 30th - Time for a list...

Tomorrow is New Years Eve.
So what do people do at this time of the year?
  • Make Lists about everything (and anything)
  • Resolutions


So I figured I would do both in this Friday Potluck Post.

List... What can I make a list about?
Hmmmmm..........
oooOoooh... I know

Excited? I am Too!


10. Lady Gaga.
When Lady Gaga first came out, she was Poppy, and well.... Kind of sounded like Christina Aguilera.
She was cute. Her voice was great. She gained popularity, and then we all had to endure her... "style". I am all for making a point, but, how far is too far? She has done wonderful things for the LGBT community. Her activism in this department is needed. It's just the way she does it... Makes it all feel like a joke. I can't take her seriously when she's in MEAT. Just saying. I just want Gaga to have a Quiet Year... or at least come back to reality. Oh and BTW: Stop ripping off vintage Madonna. I get it, she's your idol.... MOVE ON Dammit! 

9. Eat this Not That....David Zinczenko
Commonly known as the "Orange Man"   

This guy writes the "Eat this Not that" books, and also does regular articles for Yahoo.com, in which he tries to help you with eating out. He does this poorly. He does this in way that we must berate him. Let me give you some examples of this man's insanity....
First example (from his Saltiest Food Edition):

#8: Saltiest Pasta

Ruby Tuesday Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
3,737 mg sodium
1,102 calories
65 g fat 
SODIUM EQUIVALENT: 10 Large Orders of McDonald’s French Fries  
Congratulations, Ruby Tuesday! This dish makes our list for the second year in a row. How the chain manages to infuse a pasta dish with nearly two teaspoons of pure salt is beyond me. I just know that they're good at it. The chain makes only one pasta dish with fewer than 2,000 mg of sodium (almost an entire day's worth!), and it has only two pasta dishes with fewer than 3,000 mg. The other four pasta dishes on the menu each have more than 3,000 mg.
Eat This Instead!
Spaghetti Squash Marinara

836 mg sodium

257 calories
12 g fat

 If I want Shrimp Pasta... I rather eat HALF of the portion, then get SQUASH. Who would trade Shrimp for Squash? Jeez. Find a Shrimp dish that HEALTHIER. DUH DUDE!

2nd example (From his Worst Holiday Food Edition):
#3 Worst Holiday Ice Cream TreatDairy Queen Reindeer Bites Blizzard (medium)
950 calories
39 g fat (27 g saturated)
94 g sugar
This ice cream treat sounds downright innocent—how harmful could “reindeer bites” possibly be? Well, when “reindeer bites” is code for globs of caramel, hunks of chocolate, and chunks of pie crust, they can be pretty bad. This Christmas concoction manages to pack more than a days’ worth of saturated fat and more sugar than three Snickers bars! Last time I checked, Santa’s antlered crew preferred carrot sticks, not soft-serve sugar bombs. A small caramel sundae will get the job done with a third as many calories.
Eat This Instead!Dairy Queen Caramel Sundae (small)
300 calories
8 g fat (5 g saturated)
35 g sugar
 
If I'm going to Dairy Queen, it means that I've been REALLY good. I will get whatever I please. Try giving us a list of GROCERIES to BUY. Not, what NOT to eat while we're treating ourselves. Dammit.

8. Kate Gosselin
I haven't had ANY plastic surgery... I swear.
Your children are going to have permanent emotional damage. You have exploited them... you have made them to endure a public divorce. They think having a camera crew in their life is NORMAL. I was so pleased when they canceled your show. I thought that maybe your children would have a chance of actual NORMALCY. Nope. I was wrong.... You have an Extreme Couponing show now, and are in and out of the media for your PLASTIC SURGERY. Yes, Kate, we all know, even though you lie about it.... YOU HAVE HAD A LOT OF WORK AND ARE NOW A SCARY LOOKING LADY. Jeez. I hate you. I feel bad for your kids... and I wish that your ex would step up and figure out a way to defeat you. . . . Like cutting off your head, or a stake to the heart.... Just something. Maybe water.... That killed the Wicked Witch of the West. If I never hear your name again it will be too soon.

7. Lindsay Lohan 
Skank.

This girl. I, at first, felt sorry for. Her parents used her as a cash cow... She was a CUTE KID. She is roughly my age... And I have had my share of problems. I figured it out. I got better. This girl.... oh my, how many times have you been in and out of rehab? How many times have you been in and out of Jail (if only for HOURS at a time)... The judge who presides over your case, despises you. You are a poor excuse for a human being. And now, making yourself even MORE TRASHY... you pose for Playboy? I mean, yeah, it has it's place in our society, but we all know you did it for money to fuel WHATEVER addiction you have.... **COUGH COUGH COCAINE COUGH COUGH CRACK**

I won't be surprised when they announce the death of Lindsay Lohan... I know a downward spiral when I see one.

6. Gas Prices Going UP... again
Feels like this to me.

We have the resources in this country... We refuse to use them. We rather fight wars in countries we don't belong in to get it. 
Since I have started driving the gas prices have TRIPLED. That's wrong. Something needs to be done.

5. Celebrities adopting from other countries

Yes, third world countries have thousands of children without homes. There isn't enough food... they're all sick, and unloved. It's awful. I agree.
However, there are many sick, unloved, and scared children in our country. People rather spend there entire life savings (and then some) to adopt a child from another country. Why can they not search within... I imagine there are TONS of children in America who have never known security or safety that these celebrities can provide. Just saying.

4. Remade Movies


The following movies are being remade in the 2011/2012 season:

Remakes



Akira
Child’s Play
Cleopatra
The Crow
The Dambusters
Daredevil
Das Experiment
Death Note
Dune
The Evil Dead
Excalibur
Fantastic 4 Reborn
Frankenstein
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Godzilla
Ghost In The Shell
The Great Gatsby
Highlander
Judge Dredd
The Lone Ranger
Mortal Kombat
Oldboy
Point Break
RoboCop
Scarface
Short Circuit
A Star Is Born
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tell No One
The Thin Man
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Timecrimes
Tomb Raider
Total Recall
The Twilight Zone
The Warriors

WHY IS THIS NECESSARY? WHY ARE THERE NO ORIGINAL IDEAS!
3, 2, and #1 are so hated... That it must take up THREE PLACES IN MY LIST 

**DRUM ROLL**

MY EX-HUSBAND
Yup, that's him.
Oh, and as a SIDENOTE: Never look up Horses Ass on Yahoo... you will not like what turns up.
Enough said.


AND NOW FOR MY 2012 RESOLUTION:

In the year 2012, I resolute to be more tolerant and patient. 


3 comments:

  1. This is positively the most brilliant post of the year, dear! I would add to that the Kardashians (why can't they all go down in a plane together?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN on the list! i swear, you've taken the words right out of my mouth!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent list! I think that I would add the Kardashians, too.

    ReplyDelete