People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursdacap - 12/811

I'm losing the drive to type.
This is becoming a chore... it is no longer any fun.
I don't feel much better after I vent something out, and sharing my view on things... well... has lost it's charm and appeal.

I'm not changing anyone's world out there.
I know it.
I'm barely changing mine.

How do I fix that?
When did I fall in to this rut?

*ponders*

I'm not sure... and at the moment, I cannot think of a way too fix it.

But, I know, the second I stop this blog... I'll need it again. So, I don't want to necessarily shut it down.

This happens to me every couple of years or so... I start to get bored with the norm.
(This is what usually gets me in to trouble.... Bored Kat = Trouble)

I can't just up and leave this job, I need it...
I can't move to a different job, there aren't many out there right now...
I can't dye my hair FUSCHIA.......the job wouldn't like it.
New Tattoo? Can't afford it... and I refuse to get a cheap and craptastic one.
Maybe a shopping spree... oh, can't do that... Low funds.... Need savings in case of emergency.

Ugh... nothing to get me out of my rut.
*pouts*

Spend the day hiking....hmmmmmmmmm.......... I could do that, as long as weather prevails.
A day of relaxing?
Maybe?

We'll see....

Sorry I don't have more.
I haven't been feeling it lately.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wondered why people would presume any activity is supposed to be inherently "fun", especially writing. Perhaps, like anything that's truly rewarding, it might require actual work?

    That being said, I can understand getting burned out on writing, when you're feeling uninspired and ho-hum about the endeavor.

    How to handle it? There are two popular schools of thought...

    The first, often touted by professional writers, is to continue writing no matter what. Write every day, even keeping to a regular writing 'schedule' daily. (In other words, you write THROUGH the dry spells)

    The second (which I prefer) is to take a break and pursue other interests. Rest your 'writer's mind' and let it just soak-up inspiration awhile. (I like to think of it as replenishing your ink-well of ideas)

    When you get down to it, if you truly have a love of writing, you won't be able to stay away for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAIT TILL YOUR 70 AND CAN'T GET AROUND THEN YOU'LL HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO GROAN. SO GET UP AND GET YOURSELF OUTSIDE AND BREATHE.I'VE HAD A PILE OF CLOTHES TO WASH FOR A WEEK. COME ON OVER AND I'LL PUT YOU TO WORK. BELIEVE ME YOU'LL SNAP OUT OF IT FAST.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete