People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meeting with my ex

I am meeting with my ex tonight, to discuss my son.

Everyone surrounding my son seems to think that Nick's prescence is a bad one.
That he will not committ to Emry, and that Emry will start to downward spiral again.
He's too young to go through this grief.

**pouts**

I'm nervous to meet with him.
I am nervous that I will not be able to keep my composure.
I take my sons well-being very seriously.

We meet at 8p tonight, at a local diner.
I've let Klay and my father know exactly where, and when to expect me home.
I don't think Nick is violent... or would do something stupid in public.
But... he's not right... hasn't been since he got back.
I'm just worried.

Uplifting words please?

3 comments:

  1. Know your long-term goals for your son and stick to them. Keeping your focus on that will help you look beyond immediate and/or unimportant issues.

    Presume his 'status quo' hasn't changed until you have enough evidence to the contrary to convince you.

    Make any involvement he wants with your son to be conditional; he has to prove he's truly changed before you can take him or his desires seriously.

    Being the father doesn't automatically entitle him to see his son. It's a privilege that he needs to re-earn.

    Good luck. Remember, you're safeguarding your son. That's a mother's solemn duty; take your strength from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take me and all the other mommies in the world who have had to deal with less-than-there daddies for their babies. You hold your head up and keep focused on Emry's needs and security. Don't focus on putting Nick down or telling him what his problems are. Just make it about a very accurate accounting of your child's needs. I've found it helps to be very specific about who does what and when it needs to be done by. If you keep it down to tasks instead of name calling or pointing fingers, you can always know that you kept sanity on your side. I'm on your shoulder, lil sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {hugs}
    the ex drama is never fun, especially when there is a child involved. my x {also #1's biological father} was just recently released from maximum security prison.. he has never shown any interest in his son {he's been in and out of jail since #1 was 3 months old}, so i can't imagine what it would be like to have that kind of tie to an ex. BF has been #1's dad since he was an infant, and i suppose i'm lucky that they have that bond. but it does cross my mind from time to time.. like, what if he all of a sudden wanted to see his son? i don't trust him, and i don't know what i would do.
    i'm impressed by your strength and integrity in dealing with this, and i sincerely hope that everything turns out in the best way possible-for you and for your son. xoxox
    and if you ever want to talk, you can shoot me an email ranting.raving@yahoo.ca :)

    ReplyDelete