People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yahoo Tuesday - 2/28/2012 - So Sad

Chardon High Shooting - OHIO

I was in high school when Columbine occurred.

My son is in elementary school when this occurred.

It's not right.

This all comes from angry young people, who have been bullied.

No, It's not right to open fire on the bullies.
BUT, It's also not right to push another peer this far, that this is their only recourse.

Children today need to learn the golden rule, "Treat others the way you want to be treated."
Children today need to realize that others, who are not from the same walk of lives as they are, may have different struggles.
Just because someone doesn't look the same, sound the same, hang out with the same people, it doesn't mean you pick on them.

AND:

If you are being bullied, you need to have the confidence in yourself to tell someone.
To stand up, in a positive way, and say, "NO. This is NOT okay."

Someone will listen.

Taking other peoples lives will not change societies view of you, regardless if you feel they deserved it.

Violence should never be the FIRST option.

So many sides to this.

I was a bullied teen.
I was the outsider.
I didn't fit anywhere.
I was ugly (yup, that's what I was told...)
I was smart, but not smart enough to be friended by the geeks.
I was too out spoken.
No one liked me.

And, honestly, I didn't give a crap.

But, when I hear these stories.
I wonder, what could have been done to stop this.

And, I can't figure it out.

I pray for all the families affected by this, as the 2nd teen is dead in this horrible tragedy.

I think of David....
1 Samuel 30:6
And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.


Children today need to hold on to something.
Be it religion.
Be it another positive role model.

That's it.
I'm yet again, afraid for the world my son grows up in.

How do we protect our children?
Teach them right?
What about the ones who aren't being taught right from wrong?
How do we help them?

No comments:

Post a Comment