People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rants of the Curvy Mama: VINDICATION

Image Detail

I have been very outspoken when it comes to the fact that Healthy does not mean stick skinny.

Then I read THIS!
I feel a little sense of relief.

Hopefully this is a trend that will continue to pass on.
GLOBALLY.

It is not right for the fashion industry to market STICK THIN as the norm.
And adjust their clothes sizing to that.
I am convinced that a US size 4 five years ago is different than a US size 4 today.
I actually have the proof.
I HAVE A PAIR OF PANTS FROM BEFORE I HAD EMRY.
I measured them, and then compared them to a Arizona brand size 4 (all American brand, right?)
I gave 2 inches from the old pair, since they were stretched out by wear.
AND IT WAS STILL 3 INCHES BIGGER THAN TODAY'S SIZE 4.
Coincidence? I think not.

And then there is the bullshit about size 6.
SIZE 6 IS NOT A PLUS SIZE.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


Israel, you passed a good law.

Props to you.

Oh btw:
I had a Cinnamon bun for a snack today.
It was so tasty.
I immediately took a 15 minute break and walked from the top parking garage to the bottom parking garage.
Probably burned nowhere near the same amount of calories in the Cinnamon bun... but hey, AT LEAST I WALKED.

I have been active every day this week at work, I just need to follow suit when I am at home.

I am doing better though.

3 comments:

  1. It's going to take a few generations of new thought and example to wash away the anorectic desires. Every woman I have ever known believes that their life will begin when they get to "x" pounds. I still subscribe to that belief.

    Ironically, my ex got mad at me for losing my modeling figure and filling out with breasts and flesh and taught me once again that I won't be loved until I'm skinny. Sad messages we send to each other.

    I truly believe that the only reason skinny is popular is that it's so hard to get nowadays with our lifestyle. In the old days, fat women were revered because few could lead a sedentary fat-filled life and so it was precious and rare. Being skinny with McDonald's and donuts and computers and videogames is as much a goal as becoming wealthy--hard and appreciated when you find it. It's human nature to want that which is so elusive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to lose weight. Right now I am not at a healthy weight for my height and are on BP pills. I want off the pills and get back on a healthy routine. It is not easy but at least the weight is slowly coming off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just fell in love with him all over again!

    ReplyDelete