People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursdacap - 3/1/2012 - Are you dead in a ditch?

Image Detail
This is how our roads looked last night

I know it doesn't look bad.
But, it was dark, cold, icy, and rainy last night.

Klay decided to leave the house at around 10p.
I really didn't think he should drive in it.
But, I could see that no matter WHAT I said... he was driving through it.
Only thing I asked:
"When you get home, text me that you got in."

Did I get that?
Nope.

I waited up.
With the TV on in my bedroom... and then... of course I knocked out before I got the message.
I woke up at 3a, in a panic... because I didn't stay awake long enough to see the message...
I flip open my phone.. to see the message that would bring me relief.

NOT THERE.

It's 3am.
I'm not crazy enough to call.
Though I wanted to.
The roads looked super icy.
So I DARE NOT DRIVE OUT THERE.
(See, not super crazy.. I know you think I am)
So...
I waited...
AND MY HEAD RACED.

I was in a wintertime car accident.
It blew super chunks.
And late night icy driving...
I THINK IS STUPID.
I'll drive in the snow in the daytime...
NO PROBLEM THERE.
Late Night.
In the FREEZING RAIN.
It's not in my repertoire.

So, when I was waiting to drop the kiddo off at Latchkey, I send the following message:
"Are you dead in a ditch?"


A few minutes later, I get a response that the message he sent me last night is not in his sent box. And that he doesn't know what happened. And then he tells me what he remembered sending me.

Okay.
Good.
You're not dead.

Still I'm upset.
WHY?

I think it's because, if it were me:
He wouldn't have let me drive home in that.
And he would have WORRIED HARDCORE AND BEEN PISSY POOP HEAD (yes, I'm really being mature about this.) about it if I didn't message him... and if I didn't make sure he saw the response.

Double Standards?
YUP.

I'm just being bratty about it.

I am very glad I got such a great response on Inappropriate Image Wednesday.
I have recorded the 2 suggestions, and they will air in the next coming weeks.
It's fun RIGHT?????


*SIGHS*

That's all I really have.
The week has been cold, rainy, snowy, icy.
Everything has been genuinely calm.

Emry's birthday is in 10 days.
MY BABY IS GOING TO BE 5 YEARS OLD!

AWWWWWWWWWWW.

So, that's it.

I'll pop in again later if I think of something to rant and rave about.

LOVE YOU ALL!


1 comment:

  1. oh man, i am so paranoid like that, my husband is the same way. no icy roads here but a bunch of crazies. my husband won't fall asleep until i get home from a night out or something. (it's like 11 so not late to some hahaha.)

    he is so excited to turn 5!? i know evelyn can not wait, she talks about it every day.

    ReplyDelete