People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursdacap - 3/22/12 - This is the day from Hell

Let's recap first.
............This week has been pleasantly quiet.
Work has been consistent.
Played Zombinis a lot at work this week.
Walking more at work this week on my breaks.
Emry began the week being a bit of a P.I.T.A (pain in the ...you know).
But, he's making steady improvements to be better.
Everyone gets to have off times now and again, children included.

I made an amazing Mexican Lasagna for dinner on Tuesday Night.
It was super tasty.
Think of chopped and fried Mango Jalapeno Chicken Sausage with Sauteed onions and seasoned black beans. Layered with Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheeses, Enchilada Sauce, and Soft Tortillas.
It was super tasty.
And easy to make.

.....................But, TODAY.
Nuh-uh.
Is the day I should have slept away.

I both this very pretty top.
Black Short sleeve dress shirt, with the ruffle in the front and a tie back.
Very pseudo-Victorian.
It was $10...
It makes me look very fit, and shows the weight I lost.

I paired it with a knee length grey flare skirt.

I looked adorable.
Very professional.

I look at my arms.
Tattoos.
I like them.
I bet you do too.
But, I sigh, and reach for the sweater, that should have looked cute with it.
Nope.
It didn't lay right.
It actually put the 10+ pounds I lost back on my body.
Yup.
I instantly looked fat again.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
So, I tried another sweater, nope, MY BLAZER... nope......*twitch twitch*... my OTHER BLAZER. NO?!?!?!?!??!
I changed.
Even though I shouldn't have to.

I am getting a little sick and tired of having to cover up my arms everyday.
My TATTOOS do not define the quality of work I do each day.
THEY DO NOT DIMINISH MY PROFESSIONALISM.
THEY DO NOT MAKE ME ANY LESS INTELLIGENT.

I AM GETTING SICK, of covering up, and looking as professional as I can...
When woman walk around in this building with skirts way above their knees.
No pantyhose.
Tight fitting clothing...
AND MANY OTHER DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS.
But, they get away with it.
Why.
They have a male boss.
and I have found that male bosses will not call a female employee on their dress code violations.
I have opinions as to why.
  1. They are afraid of coming off the wrong way, and getting slapped with a sexual harassment suit.
  2. They just don't notice, because male bosses ARE MEN, and men don't notice certain things.
A woman boss, sees everything.
So.
Here I am.
Stuck.
And frustrated.

It's going to be 85 degrees today.
And when I walk out of the building I will not be in a short sleeve. I will be in long sleeves.

Let's move on.
So, I changed.

I put on something else entirely.

Only spill food on myself while preparing my lunch.

I changed again.

I know this all sounds trivial to the men who read my blog... and to some of the women too... But, believe me this is the tip of the iceberg.

Emry eats fine.
Tries to calm me some.
My son could even see I was in distress today.

I am doing his hair.
Because it is in this mid-long phase... and it's a cowlick nightmare.
So, cool hair dryer usually gets rid of these problems.
NOT TODAY.
He had a BACK JIMMY NEUTRON.
Image Detail 

Imagine this... but in the back of my sons head.. and to the right...

SWOOOSH
It looked like a NIKE SWOOSH.

And no matter what I did...
It wouldn't un SWOOSH.

I got a round brush out.
And prayed.

That kind of worked.

If I could only put his hair into a low ninja style pony tail.
If his Catholic school wouldn't shit a brick... I would totally have just done that.


So... this is a little bit under the tip of the iceberg.
We are late.
I have to still get gas before heading to his school.
3 of the 4 gas pumps are down at the cheap gas station.
And I am not driving up the street just to go to the empty gas station with gas prices 30cents higher.
Oh yeah.
I'm not joking, that one is right off the highway... so they just GET AWAY with charging you for your first born.


Got gas, went to school
Dropped off child.
Got near the highway... and BAM.


THE DENSEST FOG YOU HAVE EVER, EVER SEEN.

Everyone is driving 10 miles under the speed limit.
There is accidents everywhere.
My commute sucked balls.

Yup.
It was that bad.

I come in to work.

My boss is a tad stressed.
There is a big meeting today, and she finds out last minute that there are packets that need to be printed for the presenters (and all in attendance).
Color printing is down in our copy center...
So...
My printer will have to do...
1 - 18 page packet (x18)
1 - 2 page handout (x11)
1 - 7 page spreadsheet (x20)

And I'm sure there's more.

And... when the presenters came in.... she began talking to me like I was a dog.
AND IGNORING MY QUESTIONS.

I....
DO....
NOT.......
WANT TO BE HERE TODAY.

**UGH***

Emry has t-ball practice at 6p tonight, so I have to dash home, grab him from school, feed him and get him to t-ball practice in under an hour.

I thought I could leave early today.
(we're talking like 10 minutes early... no big deal...)
I doubt it now.



*sighs*

and that's my day.

How's yours?


2 comments:

  1. Ah, the cowlicks. My son called it his crop circle because the hair would not go anywhere by in that pattern on the top of his head. Haha. Now, he's growing it into a Kurt Cobain blunt cut chin length. It sort of says "screw it" to the crop circle. I have a feeling something will come along during the weekend and divert your attention from the ordinary days that are so tedious. Oh, and the tatts--I used to freak if I saw people wearing full sleeves, but now it just means they are brave and not conservative and so they are my people. They are so common now that it's like the change women made from panty hose to no hose--shocking at first and after a time, it's the norm. Eventually, it won't be seen as rebellion when more and more 60-somethings are wearing full sleeves. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having such a bad day. My daughter could probably relate. She is working, going to school, and raising her daughter. Her days are similar to yours. As for me, my allergies have been a beast this season, so I have had a headache almost everyday. Today, I am cleaning my house, laundry, and adding more posts to my blogs queue. As you can see, my day is tame compared to yours. Take care...

    ReplyDelete