People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursdacap - 3/8/12 - Will this week end?

Monday Stunk
Tuesday Stunk
No sick days left for the month, 1.5 personal days for the YEAR.

Wednesday was the most high impact day ever.
Tons of voicemail
Tons of emails to respond back to...
Hours upon Hours worth of filing....

I find out last night that Emry fell again at school.
And, I have come to find out that on Monday... He was "playing" and someone stepped on his foot and he fell funny.
Why did this come out as the hard truth?
Because yesterday at Latchkey, he fell again... no injury, ankle is fine....
3 older boys were wrestling with him, and it went to far, and they wouldn't let him go.
I'm sure Emry wanted to play with them.
I'm sure it was fun until they used their strength on him.
No rough housing, until I tell him so.
That's what I told him.
His injury is still in an acute phase, he could still break it if he doesn't take it easy.
There is always that chance.

But, where are the teachers or latchkey staff when this is happening?
WHY DOES NO ONE SEE ANYTHING?
I am thinking about placing a complaint.
Catholic School or not they are bound by the rules of NYS, and latchkey falls under childcare.
1 adult to every 5 kids.
That DOES NOT HAPPEN AT THIS LATCHKEY.


Moving along.

Today should be quiet.
SHOULD BE.

Klay is picking up Emry's cupcakes for me.
So, we'll be able to bring them to school tomorrow.
For the "in class celebration".

Tonight, is a special dinner with Emry's grandmother... No Nick Night.
Thank the lord.
He's getting a bit overbearing with this.

Yes, twice a week for 2 hours isn't a lot of time.
But, you ignored your kid for 7 MONTHS.
What took 7 months to break may take 7 months to fix.

He keeps pushing to take Emry out.
On a Saturday.
No.
The answer right now is NO.
1) Emry doesn't want to.
2) We have plans already... you disappeared for 7 months, we made sure Emry wouldn't suffer, and do activities with him... ALL THE TIME. PLUS T-BALL is starting, you cannot have him for a weekend.

Sorry.
Just being a good parent.
Something he knows nothing about.

We took Emry to the T-Ball clinic, he participated where he could, with in his pain tolerance...
Nick had to come.
It was Nick Tuesday.
But, he kept finding away to walk over to Emry to coddle him.
Kept calling him away from the other kids...
HE NEEDS TO LEARN TO LISTEN TO THE COACH.
THESE ARE PRACTICES, IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU.
BACK THE FUCK OFF.

I swear.
Then Nick got super pissed, because out of nowehere (unbeknowns to me) Klay showed up.
He wanted to see Emry at his first practice.
That's a good dad.
Even though he had a hectic long day at work... he came.
Even though I told him to go home and rest.
Klay does the right thing.
He's present and awesome.

But, Emry saw him, and Nick was.... INVISIBILE.
Emry wanted nothing to do with Nick or even me... He loves Klay.
He loves Klay, like a son should love a father.
It makes me happy.
I'll take a little invisibility... It's good with me.

And now, Nick will be gone for two whole weeks.
Some NAVAL RESERVE VOLUNTEER thing in Mississippi.
He said it's mandatory... But, I swear, these things always seem to fall on Birthdays, Holidays...
Any time Nick should be trying to stand up.
It's just another whole to stick his head in.

I told him while we were alone, while Klay took Emry to the bathroom, not to re-up with the NAVY.
Let his contract run out, and get a real job. No restrictions. Not to let a few weekends and weeks... Unnecessary deployments to NON-WAR ZONES... cloud his judgement.
He needs to find something real and work for it.
That's just it.

"I have a real job. If I lived closer to it, it would pay enough."

I get so angry with this.
We all know that we can get by with "just enough".
But, I'm sure we all dream and push for MORE THAN ENOUGH.
For that little cushion of comfortability.
Who dreams of living like a hobo?
Who dreams of just getting by for the rest of their life?
LAZY PEOPLE.
That's who.
People who don't have self worth.

And that's where Nick and I differed.
I HAVE SELF WORTH.
I HAVE GREAT THINGS AHEAD OF ME.
I WILL ACHIEVE ALL OF MY DREAMS.
I WILL BE THE BEST MOTHER I CAN BE TO MY SON.
I DO NOT CHEAT OR STEAL FOR WHAT I WANT.
I WORK FOR IT.
AND I WORK HARD.


He may have all the gadgets... a smart phone his mother still pays for.
Toys, Games, Collectibles... that he probably charged on a credit card that he's never paid off.
The CAR....... THAT I MOTHERFUCKING SAVED FOR.

But, I have love.
I have family.
I have friends.
I have a good job.
And, a couple cool gadgets that I earned the honest way.


And folks, that isn't good enough for me.... THAT IS PERFECT FOR ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment