People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, April 23, 2012

Hello Highschool....only thing we're in our 20's and 30's and some of us 40's

Image Detail

I feel like I look like this....

But, I don't.

Image Detail
I must say a mantra like this at work daily...

Image Detail

my lunch time experiences have recently been like this.

Here's the kicker:

I AM A GROWN ADULT.
I WORK IN A CORPORATE BUILDING...
I HAVE FRIENDS.

Or so I thought.
When I was first started my weightloss,
I ate lunch at my desk and took my break in the gym.
I was not ignoring anyone.
Everyone knew where I was.
I invited people.

But now that I am starting to actually eat lunch again...
you know..
during lunch time...

Everyonce in a while...
I'd like to sit and eat with people.

As of recently...
That doesn't happen.

And today.
I was directly ignored.
By people who I associate with...
Who sat in the table RIGHT behind me....
And said NOTHING..

We're between the ages of 26 and 46...
Really guys?
It's not cool.

The assertive voice in me says, that I should have turned around and just invited myself.
The aggressive voice in me says, FUCK THEM.
The passive voice in me says, Stay quiet.

But, here is where I vent.
This isn't cool.

When does the High School politics and drama end?

I just really hate coming to work.
1) I'm so far from Emry.
2) There's nothing FOR me here.

So, why do I do it?

Image Detail

Oh, that's right.. I remember...


Sheesh.
Anyone else get this feeling?
At all?
Is it normal to be an adult in this situation?

Advice? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm 37-almost-38, and this kind of stuff still happens. It might change shape, or look a little different - but I don't think it ever goes away. People capable of being mean or shallow or whatever in high school get older - but not always better.

    ReplyDelete