People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursdacap - 4/12/12

So,
Saturday starts the beginning of T-ball season.
Saturday Starts the Bi-weekly schedule from heck.
However, at least one of those nights will take away from the stress of a Nick night.


Small blessing for me.
It sucks to do the right thing.

This week was spent working (of course), and our normal schedule (only Emry was in daycare all week, this extended spring break is my enemy).
I had already mentioned that Emry went for his FIRST DENTAL appointment!
It went very well.
He wasn't afraid in the slightest.
I found a pediatric dental practice in my area. There was a TV in the examining room playing the Disney Channel.
The dentist and his hygienist were so kind.
The only downfall...
Emry grinds his teeth.
It was explained to me that this is normal in small children, and that by time he starts losing teeth and getting the adult ones... it will have corrected itself.
If not, he gets a mouth guard.
Not a big problem.
Something we got to keep our eye on.

His teeth were very clean, they barely had to pick at them AT ALL.
I was so proud when the dentists mouth dropped open after Emry told him about the Fluoride mouthwash and floss he uses DAILY.
The dentist told me in private that more and more children at Emry's age are presenting with cavities at their first dental checkup. That most parents are not enforcing good oral hygiene in their children.
HOW COULD YOU NOT?
I go with Laziness and Ignorance.

But, that's my opinion.

I'm still unsure about what's going on with Klay.
We had some alone time last night.
We discussed things.
He quelled my fears.

But...
I don't know...
Maybe I've hit a wall.
Maybe it's something I'm not seeing.
Maybe it's something deeper that I can't put my finger on.

Or
Maybe.
I'm just tired.

I'm always tired though.

This morning, because I can't seem to get ahead of the game...I premade dinner.
I threw all the ingredients together, covered the baking dish.... and placed in the fridge.
So all I have to do is pre-heat the oven and actually COOK it when I get home.

Yes, I could go back to slow cooking the meals.
But,
HOW MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF STEWS AND SOUPS CAN ONE MAKE?
Yes, I could make a chicken, or a roast...
But, it always comes out...
Blah.
I don't know.
It's tasty....
Tastiness is never lost in my cooking.
It's just...
NO MATTER WHAT FOOD GROUP.
The same consistency.
Do we know what I mean?
So tonight, I threw together the left over veggies, lamb, mashed potatoes and gravy from Easter...
Pseudo-Shepherds Pie!
It's just enough for all of us to eat.
Meaning....
CLEAN, NO LEFT OVER REFRIGERATOR!
Which will be screaming for NEW FOOD!

TADA!

(Speaking of cleaning... I actually have to empty the fridge and wipe down the counters in it.
How it gets so icky is besides me.
Everything is closed tightly, and in plastic containers...
But still...
IT GETS YUCKY IN THERE!)


I'm still trying to move up in the company I work for.
I am still trying to market myself as a viable and useful employee.
It feels like a losing battle.
But, at least I'm showing them my drive and will to do more.
Right?


Tonight, being Thursday, is another Nick night.
But, it's also PICK UP EMRY'S TBALL UNIFORM NIGHT!
Klay will do one while I do the other.
Help is always appreciated in my world.

I know it will be filled with microwaved food.
And, that's not a judgement...
However, it be nice for Nick to take the time to PREPARE a meal for Emry.
But, Nick isn't me.
He'll never think that way.
Just enough is good enough to him.
Nuggets and French Fries every Tuesday and Thursday is fine to him
(when he brings something that isn't filled with SOY.)

*sighs*
*deep breath*

Almost 10a.
I need to start working.

Until later.



No comments:

Post a Comment