People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Zombie Gas Station...

This morning,
at the crack butt of dawn...
I went to get gas...
You know, so my bum ass can get to work...

And.
It's a beautiful morning.
It isn't too cold.
It isn't too breezy.

Image Detail

There is NO ONE at the gas pumps.
Emry is in the backseat, humming to himself...
I begin to pump my gas, and I feel eyes on me.

I can't figure it out.
No one is at the pumps...
There isn't many cars on the road.

WHAT IS THIS FEELING?

So, I turn, and at the gas attendants glass window is
THIS:

Image Detail


Well...
Not literally.
This is what she reminded me of...
But,
it was more like...

THIS:
Image Detail


(BTW: you do not want to know what searches came up with 'Bored Gas Station Attendant' on Yahoo!)

But, yeah,
unblinking...
staring...
Arms at her side.

LIKE A ZOMBIE.

I swear.

So...
I make eye contact.
Still...
same un-enthused...
catatonic glaze...

Someone was still asleep while working.

SO WEIRD.
So funny.

I must have laughed my way to work.
Which I needed.

So.
There you go!

I am sharing my near Zombie Encounter.
I swear.
The Apocalypse is coming!


1 comment:

  1. haha! I can't imagine what the life of a gas station attendant is like... I think I would turn into a zombie too.

    ReplyDelete