People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursdacap - 5/24/12

Last week,
I didn't do one of these.
Nor did I do a Friday Monologue post.


I was pretty overwhelmed with life, work, and all the icky stuff in between.


This week:
Isn't much better.
I'm not sure what it is, but I am very tired and on edge.
I try to get tons of sleep.
(By tons, I mean 8 or more hours a night)


But, still,
with the attempts of sleep, the supplements, and the low impact nightly schedule.
NOTHING.

T-ball has been quiet in our worlds.
The rain has kept the games canceled.
for about 2 weeks now.

Not so fun.
I can tell Emry misses it.
Hopefully Saturday there will be a game.
I hope the rain goes away soon....


Trying to get a lot completed...
At work.
At home.
Feel like I've been doing a lot.. but getting nowhere...
Does that make any sense?


And the only thing that has been kind of off about this week....
Is my ex, asked if he could take Emry for Father's day.
Now as of recently, Nick spends an hour twice a week with Emry.
Emry does not want to go anywhere with him.
And only really likes playing with Nick's iPhone and Kindle (angry birds is all the rage you know!)
So, when Nick asked for the whole day.
I was almost relieved to tell him that we had made plans months ago.
Which is true.
I just... well, if we didn't make plans, I would have HAD to entertain that thought.
And, I know Emry isn't there, and I certainly am not there.

Why?
1) Because he still calls Nick by his first name.
2) Nick, his mother, sister and I were supposed to have a sit down about the family dynamic and how we feel Nick's sister's behavior is abhored, and that she needs to grow a little before Emry can be around her.
3) Also, the ex's family and I were supposed to discuss that Klay is a factor, that he is not to be talked negatively about to Emry. That Emry loves him and that is OK.
4) Nick was supposed to get established, out of debt.. yada yada... He's borrowing money left and right, He is NOT doing any better, in fact it appears he is doing worse. Should Emry be subjected to that?

These things have not changed nor happened.
So, I really wouldn't feel right about Emry sharing Alone time with Nick.

So, thank the Lord I plan things MONTHS in advance.


So...
Anyway...
That's my week thus far.


How goes yours?



2 comments:

  1. Oh my. We all know these spells of feeling like you're running on a treadmill and getting nowhere. All it takes is for one thing to fall into place and more do too. I know the funk will change. That's one thing I love about life. You are such a fantastic mother and I'm sure partner for Klay and daughter, as well as worker. The way you do anything is the way you do everything. You are in the right place, sometimes the world around you hasn't caught up. Chin up. New Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing your best, and that's all you can do. Keep doing what you're doing, and things will fall into place.

    Try to get some sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete