People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 5: My parents

30 DAYS OF ME!

DAY FIVE:

MY PARENTS



This is my dad.

He's awesome.

(you can also see Emry too, isn't he a monkey?)


My dad has been a very influential person in my life...
He's always told me to work harder, push myself.. never give up.


Make a plan and then work towards it.
If things change, revise said plan, and then work towards THAT plan.


He has dry sarcastic humor.

And I love him to death.


My mother...

Thank you Google Image Search

Well...
That's my mother.
If you've been with me for a while...
You know that I haven't spoken to my mother in almost 2 years now.
Ever since she tried to kill herself... and decided not to stay in-treatment.

People say I look like her...
But honestly,
I think I am a nice aesthetic combination of both of my parents.


My mother really never had a job, on a whole, she was a stay at home mom.
She went for a lot of schooling... never did anything with it.
I get a lot of my.... FIGHT from her.
She was (and probably still is) a no shit kind of woman.
If she thought something was wrong or not going to appropriate way...
Then she would fight (TO THE DEATH) for what she believed was right.
(whether or not it was right or in everyone's best interest... is a different story).

From her,
I have learned how NOT to parent.
How NOT to treat people.
How NOT to act in public.
HOW NOT TO TREAT A SIGNIFICANT OTHER.
What happens to selfish people...
What anger does to ones complexion.
etc.
etc.


Your parents are who shape you as a person.
My sister and I are lucky enough that we were shaped mostly by my father.


**SIGHS**

Happy Thursday!



1 comment:

  1. Glad I could inspire you girlie! Love all your posts so far. It has been a fun journey for me, and there is still so much more to come. :)

    ReplyDelete