People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DAY TWO: NICKNAMES

Thirty Days of ME!
Day Two:
Nicknames



**GIGGLES**

I'm a Jillian.

So...

It started out with my dad calling me:
JillyBean

Then it was:
BEANER

Then it was just:
BEANS



To one point, this was a very private family nickname.
That was until, I was on the phone with my very first love (please see tomorrow's post about that)...
My dad picks up the other house line and says:
"Hey Beaner, time to get off the phone."


He hangs up.
I am in utter disbelief and embarrassment.

My first love... the first real boyfriend I ever had....
Well, he said goodbye.

The next day, the entire group of our friends had started with Beaner and JillyBean.


Yeah...
Very VERY Cute.




I don't mind it much now.
But, at the time...
Well.. let's just say....
MORTIFIED.




There was also a brief period of 5th grade in which the girls in my class all took Animal Nicknames...
I was Camel.
Why?

One day...
Someone said something completely and utterly funny...

As I was taking a sip of water...
and well..

I spit it all out on Billy Kramer.


Spitting = Camel Activity.


CAMEL.



So there you go.



Happy Tuesday.


1 comment:

  1. For some reason, my dad called me "Charlie". My name was nowhere close to Charlie - not Charles, not Chuck, not Charleston...Charleston???....

    Anyway, I almost lost several dates over that if we dropped by my house or something. They thought I was being deceitful and lying....dammit dad....

    ReplyDelete