People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 18: Something I miss

30 DAYS OF ME

DAY EIGHTEEN:
SOMETHING I MISS



Well...
Hmm.....


This is actually a really hard question for me.
I am the kind of person that does not live in the past, or hold on to silly things, like regret.


I tend to get over shit pretty easily and quickly.
It may not be fully processed, but I can compartmentalize that shit so far in the back of my brain, that it doesn't see the light of day for YEARS.


But...
What do I miss....


I miss being a kid.
I miss having no responsibilities.
I miss not knowing what I mortgage is...
I miss when my lunch cost only $1.50.
I miss...
Wearing shorts all summer and playing outside.
I miss... not working.
I miss Emry being a baby-faced munchkin....

I miss...
Summer Vacation.....
Running after the ice cream man...
Make believe games....
Sleeping past 7a....


But, with all those things that I miss...
I love so many others...


The good out weighs the bad....
The present and potential future shines brighter than the past....


And that's it.


Do you miss anything?


1 comment:

  1. Wait... where's day 17, silly girl?! I am a day behind you now... too much crazy going on in my life, hopefully subsiding soon.

    Love your post, and love you! :)

    ReplyDelete