People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 26 - My Dream Wedding

30 Days of Me

DAY 26
MY DREAM WEDDING


**Don't call me a slacker or a procrastinator I tried to vLog this... it didn't work.**
It was a bunch of explanation, explanation, LOOK AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN.
It's not like I keep this in a book... with pictures...
That would be creepy.


My first wedding..
Well.. Justice of the Peace.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
It wasn't what I wanted.
Our chance for a Wedding Reception after the fact:
Never happened, also, NOT what I wanted.




I want to get married in the fall.
late September - early November.
When the leaves are turning.

That looks about right.
 
 
As you can guess, I want an outdoor wedding.
For two reasons:
1) Klay needs cool temperature... He'd sweat his but off in a church.
2) Klay is not very religious, and as I do hold religious belief, it is not a necessity for me to be married within a church. I find that church weddings, as pretty as they are, seem to lack the proper VOLUME. MEANING: people passed the first row can't hear a WORD of what's going on.
 
I want to be surrounded by my close friends and family. On both sides.
 
a few Bridesmaids and Groomsmen.
 
Since everything is going to be autumny (is that a word?) outside,
I want the color palette to be kind of a chartruse green...
Don't they all look lovely. Only difference
I would want each dress style to be picked
by the person wearing it.
So that everyone has something that
fits their body correctly.
After the brief and intimate ceremony.
I would like to walk into a beautifully decorated venue.
Not to big.
Not to small.
 
And the color scheme I have always loved is Chocolate Brown, A deep dusty purple, and an ecru type color.
Okay this type of setting... with floral arrangements like
THIS:
Just imagine the picture to the right  with Sterling Roses (purple)
or lavenederhydrangeas.
Food?
A mixture of comfort food, and family favorites.
Nothing too fancy.. nothing too messy!
 
Music?
I am not a dancing queen.
I hate group dancing.
So no  CRAZY DJ with the latest and greatest "hits".
Amazing Jazz music...
And of course in between the traditional Father-Daughter/Mother-Son dances.
To songs that would be determined when this actually happens.
If this actually ever happens.
 
 

And.. that would be it.
Really.
That would be it.
 
Great conversations...
Calm setting...
 
So, maybe I don't have a book with all of this cataloged.
But it's engraved in my brain.
 
 
WAIT HOLD UP!
I TOTALLY FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
WHAT I WOULD BE WEARING!
DUH!
Simple and understated.. perhaps more antique white than ivory....
 
I'm a girl.
What do you want from me?

3 comments:

  1. PERFECT.

    GRANNY FROM AMYS' BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all. Don't be disappointed when you read mine, okay... Ha!!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds lovely. I got married in the spring but the fall sounds just as great. It is my favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete