People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Relief... then complete panic

After the whirlwind of a day yesterday, I was very pleased to drive home, and have a peaceful evening.
 
 
I could feel the relief WASH over me as I picked up Emry. I felt the same calm as we ate a very peaceful dinner... Zen like bathtime for each of us.
 
 
AND THEN BAM!
COMPLETE AND UTTER CHAOS.
 
 
Well, not exactly....
 
 
About a month ago we were invited to Klay's brothers home.... in Virginia. We at first planned to go, and then changed our minds... Funding didn't seem an option. Then about two weeks ago, Klay's brother offered to pay for our gas. It was a really sweet gesture, and Klay was supposed to speak with his brother... That never happened. So, this came to a head last night. Are we going? Are you coming? Two brothers, asking me. I'm not driving, he's not my brother... it's not my decision. Just saying.
 
So... Klay finally said yes.... well... Let me clarify that: He said Yes to me, but Possibly to his brother. JUST TO BE A PAIN IN THE ASS. I am so glad I have one son... it appears to me that 2 boys equal a lot of PITA behavior.
 
 
So. The possibly response resulted in a text/call from Klay's brother... to me.
In which I had to calm the waters.... Yes we're coming..... No I'm not sure why he is being difficult.... Yes we'll see you at 1a Saturday Morning.... Yes, I'm sure it's okay.
 
Why are men such big babies? For crying out loud. It is INSANE.
 
So...
I slept...
All was well...
 
I woke up very calm.
Our morning routine wasn't so awful.
The ride to camp was quiet.
 
CHAOS ENSUES.
 
Camp is closed tomorrow... some type of state walk through.....
 
So.. I had to figure out what to do with Emry tomorrow...
Thank the Lord for a kind new boss.... "Yes I would love if you brought Emry in!"
My old boss... there were hoops.
VERY LARGE HOOPS THAT I HAD TO JUMP THROUGH IN ORDER TO GET ANYTHING.
 
 
So now... we are back in a calm cycle.
(BTW: I lost 2.8 pounds in 2 days... I think that's kind of cool....)
 
 
Waiting for the wave of Chaos to hit again, because that just is my week....
 
 
But, I'm not letting it get me down.
 
 
I need to get up and move... Have a Happy Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment