People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween... In November?

I told you about Mall-pocalypse....

But, I never told you about my Halloween Shenanigans.

Let me start from the beginning on this one.

On the whole, Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love to dress up.... I love Jack-o-lanterns... I love it all.

Every year, I make a point to do all things (that I feel are) associated with Halloween:
  • Make a Jack-o-Lantern
  • Put up the decorations
  • Go Apple/Pumpkin Picking
  • Get dressed up...
  • Decorate the house
  • Watch as many scary movies as physically possible
  • Go to a horror themed outing.
  • Go on a pilgrimage to the Halloween store
  • Zombify my family....

With the weather being awful this year, we were unable to do our normal outdoor display. BOO!

We didn't get to go apple/pumpkin picking as a family. However, Emry was able to go with his class.
So, with that pumpkin, we were able to make a jack - o - lantern.
(Carved it myself, I did.)



As we know, I went to a Halloween venue... and had way too much fun....

And... perused the Halloween Store!!



The weekend prior to Halloween is when all the adult Halloween parties were.... however, once again due to the weather... Unable to attend those.

However, this Mad Scientist found a Halloween party..... in NOVEMBER! Mwa-hahahahahahaha.
And attended...
We go all out... it's about the fun.....

Now, for Halloween movies... Because you know... that was COMPLETELY in my control.
  • Paranormal Activity 4
  • Patient Zero
  • Wereworlf - the beast among us
  • House on Haunted Hill (1999 remake)
  • Chernobyl Diaries
  • Apollo 18
  • Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter
  • Dead Silence
  • Freddy Vs. Jason
  • The Excorcist
  • Pet Sematary
  • Thinner (well I watched half of this one.... Emry woke up)
  • Poltergeist 1, 2, and 3 (in one sitting I might add)
  • I feel like I am leaving a few out.

And as for Zombifying your family...It's a hobby....




I believe Halloween to be one of those holidays where you can let your guard down and let your "geeky freaky flag fly"
I am copyrighting that in quotations marks hahaha... (C) KVS 2012

 
It's a time where you and your close friends can go out and meet strangers just as odd as you.

Candy is for kids.








The shenanigans is for us adults.

So... Halloween in November... HERE HERE!!!





















1 comment:

  1. You are toooo much fun! I love the way you do Halloween--both feet first.

    ReplyDelete