People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, November 30, 2012

Now: A little Gossip and Hollyweird Commentary

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS PURELY MY OPINION. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHARE MY OPINION, BUT PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF IT
 
 
Ok now that we've covered that:
Let's talk about
 
CHRIS BROWN AND RIHANNA
 
rihann tweet chris brown embrace twitter thg 121130 vblog Rihanna Embraces Chris Brown, Fuels Relationship Rumors
 
If you haven't been listening to the radio, or reading along on yahoo, or listened to any of the news recently.... then you don't know about Chris Brown and Rihanna being reunited.
 
And why that infuriates me.
 
 
Let's start out with, they may look like this NOW:
 
 
But do we remember when he did this to her face:
 
 
 
Now, just because they are celebrities, isn't the reason why I am discussing this.
Spousal Abuse is a major thing for me.
 
I do not believe that anyone should be beaten by their significant other.
I believe that anyone, and I'm biased so I am talking about men, should raise their hands to anyone unless they are fighting for their life.
 
When this scandal broke, I was so furious.
I have been in an abusive relationship, I have blogged about it here in the past.
 
The stories exsist in our culture, and happen every day.
 
But, where I draw the line, if you get away from the abuse.. you never NEVER  go back to it.
EVER.
 
Now, is this to say that a person can't change?
 
No. I am not saying that.
 
But, once again.
If you have seen pictures of Chris Brown from that point to recently.... You can see that he has not changed... He has not grown. His anger issues are publicly ridiculed on almost a daily basis.
 
 
Rihanna had a duty, to all young women, to do the right thing here. Walk away, and never look back.
 
But, no, she did the unthinkable.... SHE WENT BACK.
 
 
How horribly rude to the legal team, police officers, court officers, judges, etc. who had to protect her, and take care of the legal trouble that followed this incident.
 
How horribly inconsiderate to all other women out there.
She has made it okay for abused women to stay home with their wife beating husbands.
Girlfriends to think it's okay when their boyfriend treats them like dirt, and hits them.
For men who are in similar situations....
 
I AM.
BEYOND.
FURIOUS.
 
 
And... then the words from earlier kick in: MAKE IT PERSONAL.
 
And so I am.
 
I hope, that someone clicks on this link who is need of a wake up call.
 
IT IS NOT OKAY FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TO HIT YOU, TO BELITTLE YOU, TO MAKE YOU FEEL LESS THAN HUMAN.
YOU CAN LEAVE THIS PERSON.
THERE ARE RESOURCES TO HELP YOU.
NO, THEY WILL NOT FIND YOU.
NO, THEY WILL NOT HURT YOUR KIDS.
YES, YOU WILL LEAVE WITH ALMOST NOTHING TO YOUR NAME.
BUT YOU WILL HAVE THE AIR IN YOUR LUNGS.
AND A LIFE TO BUILD.
 
DO NOT FOLLOW IN THIS AWFUL WOMEN'S FOOTSTEPS.
 
 
I also hope, that this post builds speed, and is seen by someone running interference for these celebrities. I HOPE AND PRAY SOMEONE READS THIS FROM THE MEDIA.
 
I never wish what I went through on ANYONE ELSE.
I would do anything in my power to prevent anyone I know from being stuck in this situation.
 
And, here's Rihanna.... Just acting like what happened was not a big deal.
 
That her decisions can't affect other people.
 
 
Goodnight.


1 comment:

  1. i couldn't agree MORE! it is so sad to see a situation like this. no one should ever go back into that life. breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete