People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Turning your blog into an online infomerical... Smart?

Recently, I notice that a few of the blogs I read are starting to have segments about local business and products...

Some are cool, some are informative...

On a whole, these blogs also have regular postings.... Which is much appreciated. Because I know that I started reading the blog for the personal insights and the bloggers written voice.

However, there is one......
And, honestly, I am considering just not following anymore.

EVERY DAY.... it's about a product.
EVERY DAY... it looks like a post about the life, what's going on... and then you read on.....
BAM... product plug.

It gets a little annoying... to be the reader and have a favorite blog turn into QVC.

But, is it smart?
I've looked into doing a few "Infomercial" type posts.... But, from what I see, there just not for me...
Not to say I wouldn't put ads on my page.... but, the QVC style angle of it all... just seems like getting a bunch of crap that I, my son, Klay or my dad... wouldn't freaking use.... and writing a review on it....

Free stuff........Only if it's from Pampered Chef.... or something I could use.......

To each there own... but, I only see constantly, on a daily basis, bombarding of products to your readers..........as a way to LOSE readers.

Now, I am not pointing fingers.
I am not naming names....

If you have a blog I read, and do in fact do these types of posts... but also maintain a real blog... Trust me... it isn't about you.

It's just my opinion, and I'm sorry if it offends.

Just really hate that I lost the opinion based blog that I came to love.....

Ho-hum.

2 comments:

  1. i told myself i wouldn't do stuff like that. sure free stuff is awesome, but i just want to be me. not a product. :) i hope i don't sell out. haha. who knows i might find something so good not to pass up though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i forgot to mention that i'm pretty sure i know the exact blog you are talking about. all i've seen is product placement after product placement, i've actually stopped clicking to this blog. so annoying. :)

    ReplyDelete