People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, February 8, 2013

Bullying - Let's start a movement.

This morning I read two articles on Yahoo:



The topic in both:

BULLYING.


This struck a chord with me.
And, I am now doing my part...
And voicing my opinion about it.


I live in Upstate New York.. our schools have taken "the necessary measures and precautions" to prevent bullying. It still happens though.

My son was a victim to bullying on the second day of school.
On the school bus, two girls, who Emry was assigned to sit with... began to make fun of him.
Made fun of his long hair.
Made fun of his clothes
Made fun of his Book bag
His Jacket...

He didn't tell us...
I think he was embarrassed.

We found out, when Klay asked him why he was no longer sitting in his usual bus seat.
He told us about it then...
Reluctantly.
And that the bus driver took action and changed his seat.
That it was no longer occurring.

I tried not to get up in arms about it.
The problem was over.
I didn't want those girls blood.
Or to get them in any more trouble than they probably already got in...

But, I cautioned Emry...
Never stay silent about these things.
Even if you're scared SPEAK UP while it is happening.
If you feel like no one is listening to you...
FIND A WAY TO CALL MAMA or DADDY.
Tell a Teacher.
Tell the Principal.

It is NOT okay for someone to make you feel uncomfortable in any way, shape, or form.

 Then I look at these two articles this morning and I think...

It isn't just CHILDREN being bullied.
ADULTS are being bullied as well.

Whether it be Cyberbullying or Face-to-Face Bullying...
IT IS WRONG.
IT HAS TO STOP.

Bullying has taken on such a VICIOUS tone.
Children and Adults alike... do not care if they are pushing someone to the edge emotionally or mentally.
They do not care if they beat someone into a coma, or even to death.

Self entitlement.
Lack of Parenting.
Lack of Morals
Lack of Good Conscience.
Pride
Prejudices
Hate
Greed
Jealousy
Insecurity

These are the reasons for Bullying.
And honestly as I look at the list, I think there could be several other terms added.

 
 Does anyone remember what happened at a Nationally Televised Hockey Game Last year?

A teenage girl, who weeks earlier had just awoke from a coma, went to a Hockey game with her parents.
This was her VERY FIRST WISH when she woke up.
The only tickets to be had, were the tickets on the opposing teams side of the rink.

The family went, and wore their teams jerseys.

THAT DID NOT FLY.
The family was pelted with food.
They were heckled.

A fight broke out...
And the teenage girl was repeatedly hit in the skull.

Fortunately..
She did not go back into her coma.
Fortunately,
There were no permanent injuries.

IT'S A DAMN SPORTS EVENT.
IF YOU CAN'T ACT LIKE CIVILIZED HUMAN BEINGS.
THEN YOU SHOULDN'T GO.

It bothers me.
A lot.
Grown adults PICKING ON & HITTING children.



I am taking a stand.
I WANT TO START A MOVEMENT.

Let's end Bullying.
Let's end Cyberbullying.


I am getting sick and tired of reading these stories.
I am getting sick and tired of worrying if my son will be bullied again..
And if next time: He GETS HURT.

I worry for other peoples children.
I worry for my fellow man...

This has to stop.

TOGETHER
WE CAN
MAKE 
THIS 
STOP


Pass this post on...
At the end of it..
 Add your stories or opinions on Bullying.

Let's get the word out.
WE AS AMERICANS WILL NO LONGER STAND FOR THIS.

The rules in place are not stringent enough.
The laws in place are not protecting our children or us.

People shouldn't be allowed to victimize people over the Internet.
TROLLING IS NOT OKAY.

I am not saying that everyone should be nice to each other.
I am not saying that rainbows and hearts should rain from the sky while we skip arm in arm together.

I AM SAYING.
THAT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY.. YOU SAY NOTHING AT ALL.
I AM SAYING THAT IF YOU DO NOT LIKE ME, or MY KID... YOU KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF.

I AM SAYING:
THAT I WILL NOT STAND BY AND LET OTHERS PICK ON CHILDREN

THAT I WILL NOT STAND BY AND ALLOW OTHER ADULTS TO BE BELITTLED.

If you agree..
Pass this on.

Let's protect each other.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment