People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Buying a House... Not for the weak of heart

It's no news...
That I am in the process of buying a new home.

The news here is..
I know why I was feeling so cruddy a couple weeks ago,

AND BUYING THE HOUSE IS WHY.

The stress.. the constant back and forth... get this... get that... Call this person.. Get a call from that one.
Get copied in this email reply... 
Find out this
Find out that.
Lower This.
Raise that.
Mortgage financing.

The dance continues...
It's like a really complicated polka..
Like one you would see on
"So you think you can dance?"

I began to calm down once the hectic realty events were subsiding..
But, last night, and today...
The lock jaw, and the heart tightening feeling have returned.

And that's the only thing that has increased.
The Home Buying Polka of DOOOOOM.

 I almost want to throw the towel in...
Just not do it...
The stress of it...
Is a little too much.

But, I know it will be over soon...
I just can't wait to be there...
Signing my life away...
Broke without a dime...
In this new house.

Just seems like there are so many obstacles in our way.
Makes me wonder if they are a sign not to move forward...

No second guessing.
Stay positive.
Stay grounded.
The tougher the obstacle... the more fruitful the result.

The darkness always wishes to pull you down... when you start to ascend higher into the light.

It will be okay.
I will be okay.

3 comments:

  1. when we bought our home it was so stressful!! i was pregnant at the time with amelia, no car, no internet, closing date being pushed back over and over again. yeah it was rough. even though i hated the process i am so glad we have our house a place to call our own. there is an end in sight! keep going you can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When things get really hard with obstacles, I make myself ask, "Are these meant to tell me I shouldn't do this or to challenge me for another time and appreciate the outcome more?" Sometimes it's hard to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might feel like buying a new home and all of the stressful processes it entails are a nightmare now that you’re in the middle of it all. But trust me, when you finally find that house you really love, all of this will silently fall at the background. Just stay on the positive side and imagine how great it would make you feel when you finally have a place to call your own. Cheer up!

    Sage Leung

    ReplyDelete