People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ice, Rain, and 49 degrees

I woke up this morning to an inch of ice on my car...
The kind of ice that not even the defroster fixes.

Phone vibrates...
Emry has a 2 hour delay.
*slaps forehead*

Start watching the weather, as I get dressed and ready for work...
It's going to be 49 Degrees today...

**SCREECHES TO A HALT**

WHAT?!?!?!

Explain to me how, the weather is going to be in the 40's as soon as the sun rises...
BUT 
My kids school is still on a 2 hour delay?

THEY DELAY FOR ANYTHING.

Yeah, I understand that the High School students would probably get on the bus before the temperature hit 40 degrees.
But, I remember there being 3 inches of snow on the ground, and waiting for the bus to come.
No Delay
No Closing...

And that was... 11 years ago.
ELEVEN YEARS ISN'T A LONG TIME AGO.
(Stop snickering... it isn't....)

At this point, I feel like telling you that I had to walk 10 miles in the snow, up hill, both ways...But, I won't.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
They've missed out of so much school this year... half of those reasons were for really cruddy reasons.

But, as I check my phone, for the weather update by me... 
I see that it's still snowing/icing/raining up there...
That it hasn't even gone above 36 degrees yet...
Well, I guess I am sort of glad that the delayed.

I hate to see what would happen if we had a BAD winter...

Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. crazy! i wouldn't know what to do in that type of weather. we had "snow" here last week, and it was like the world was ending! hahaha. people were driving like freaks, and getting all weird. it doesn't ever snow here so yes i understand but anyway i'm not sure where i'm going with this comment, i'm just rambling at this point! haha. i guess i'll just say stay safe! and i hope to have a picture of a baby for you very soon! i'm REALLY hoping for tomorrow. we'll see though. :)

    ReplyDelete