People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What I am giving up for Lent... better late then never

For Lent...
I am giving up...

CRAPPY JUNK FOOD
&
THE BLOATED FEELING I GET FROM EATING IT

I know..
This seems like a cop out...
since I am usually toeing the line between dieting, and not...

But, for Lent...
I am going to give it up...
I don't need that type of nourishment anyway.

It's an endless battle for me.
I'm no longer trying to just lose weight..
I'm trying to be HEALTHY.

It's kind of hard to be healthy in a house of men who do not have this same goal.
We barely keep junk in the house...

I think my major problem is CARBS... which aren't inherently "not healthy"...
But, I swear I could eat a loaf of four cheese sliced Italian bread in... well... in about 2 days.
Because I recently did that.

But... 
As of the past month or so...
Do to the stress of family, house buying, and work..
The actual "Junk" I've been eating is at a all time high.

I mean:
ICE CREAM
 HUGE SERVING SIZES
LOTS OF MEAT
DOUBLE MEALS 
(yeah, I said it, and I'm not proud of it either)
CHEESE
BREAD
BREAD
CHEESE
POPCORN
CANDY
COOKIES

I'm frankly... ashamed.
But,
Since LENT is in the BUILDING...
I know where my focus should be.

And I am going to maintain it.

Cut out the Junk Food, and cleanse my body in the process.

TAKE THAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment