People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

When you realize it's a problem...

Dwelling on what you have no control of... is a problem.
Allowing unforeseen stresses to bring you down... is a problem.

Letting your psycho-depressed-mood flow out everywhere... is a problem.

I always lose sight of the fact that sometimes just taking it "one day at a time"... is sometimes just too hard.

Sometimes:

"one hour at a time"
or
"one minute at a time"
or even
"one step at a time"

Is the goal....is the only thing that can be handled.

It's just life.

It will always be complex (in some way, shape or form)...
It will always be hard (because nothing in life is every, really, easy)...

But, regardless...
The sun will always rise... and then it will always set.

You can always try harder than you did the day before... you can always try to be "better" the next day...
If you fall down, there is another chance to pick yourself back up.

I cannot let my mood... DEFINE me as a person.

I cannot allow it.
And I will not.

I am finally achieving the "all good things, come to those who wait."
I'm ready for my good things.
And any fear, sadness, stress, anger, or misery... IS not going to take away my good things.

All things in life are a test.
You want something bad enough, you will probably have to struggle to get it. But, once it is achieved... it will be all the more worth it.

I am living proof.
I will continue to be... 

3 comments:

  1. If you have not already done so, look into the act of "mindfulness" - which is about being in the moment. Each time you realise your mind has wandered into the past or future, or elsewhere, you gently return it to the present - being aware of your breathing, sounds, touch etc.

    Emotions exist only in the present - they have no sense of time - which is why if we think of something that upset us yesterday, or last week, or 20 years ago, we start to feel upset now. Our emotions have no sense of time.

    When we fill this moment with being in it, the fears, anxieties and depressions no longer have the space to dominate.

    Like all things, the more we practice, the better we get at this, but the very act of practising it daily - even several times daily - has an accumulative effect.

    Please forgive me if this is not relevant to you - it's what occurred to me as I read your post, which means I probably needed to hear it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A truly beautiful comment. I think I will print this out and use it... Like a mantra....

      You are a beautiful person.

      Delete
  2. Breathe--life does pay off eventually, but not overnight. Any dieter or person saving for a vacation will tell you that, but those slow steady things day to day equal the pile o' happiness.

    ReplyDelete