People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A compliment from my father.

As we discussed, I made the spicy sweet potato soup and the white bean salad for this weeks Healthy Choices.
I have been making two healthy choices in bulk for the past 3 weeks or so.

My father last night:
"Not that I want to go completely vegetarian or vegan... but, you've been making tasty food without meat... And I am really enjoying it."

OOH?

This is the man who can slam down TWO overstuffed cold cut sandwiches.. and almost an entire rack of ribs.

You like the healthy meat free options you say?

Amazing.

I probably should start making healthy options with lean meats as well...
Those recipes are sometimes HARDER to find...

But, I do like me a challenge.

For NEXT week:
I am confident that I will make one bulk healthy food item for the week that contains a lean meat.

Just have to do some research.

I also have tried the new Lean Cuisine Salad Creations.

Lean Cuisine Salad Additions™: Lean Cuisine Bistro Chicken Salad
I had the one called Bistro Chicken


Here is the nutritional value for this product:

Calories: 240
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Sodium: 430 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams

Overall, it was tasty over my leafy greens...
However, I don't think I will give it another go.

The dressing (of this version at least) was.. interesting.
I can't explain it... It wasn't a bad dressing.. It had this weird film taste to it.
The vegetables it came with were nicely steamed, and there was a decent amount of chicken.
But.. overall... not for this Chick.

I had such high hopes too!

I am now thinking that I can probably just recreate this idea, with fresh veggies, and properly portioned pieces of meat...
I must try this experiment.
I can also find a dressing that won't leave that weird gross film in my mouth.






















2 comments:

  1. That's pretty high praise!

    Also, thank you for letting me know about the Salad topping thing. I've been eying them but haven't bought one yet. I don't think I will now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beyond awesome that your Dad enjoyed that! I definitely would enjoy a soup like that as well.

    ReplyDelete