People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Affirmations and a witty tale


Yes, I am fairly certain...
I AM GOING DOWN IN SIZE.

I have a pair of pants on today.. that has never been TIGHT on me... but, has never been really LOOSE.
Well, today, The legs are big on me.. the waist is too.

I'm pretty pumped about this.

I'm almost pumped enough to go try on a skirt that is normally TIGHT on me...
But, will see if I am brave enough to do so.

Now, for the witty tale...

Let's call it:
"The Bathroom Scale's Early April Fools Joke"
 
I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning.
But, for some reason, before my bath last night... 
I got the itch, to step on the scale...

I step on...
The scale thinks about it...
 AN EXTREMELY LOW NUMBER SHOWS UP.
It appeared that I had lost 6 lbs... in a day...
I put my hands over my mouth.
I was going to scream.
Not from Joy.
But, from absolute fear...
Losing that much weight... in one day... without extreme exercise CANNOT be possible.
I wrapped myself in a towel, and ran to Klay.
"You got to see this."
"What's wrong..."
"Come here.. you got to see this..."

I step back on the scale.
The weight that was there this morning appears.
I blink...slowly....relief, and disbelief start to set in.
"The scale just told me I had lost 6lbs... in a day... I didn't know what to do... maybe I tipped it when I got on... I got scared."
Klay looked at me... and hugged me.
He could tell that I was upset, scared and relieved...all at the same time.

BAD BATHROOM SCALE... APRIL FOOLS DAY IS 5 DAYS FROM NOW. 
NOT COOL.

So... this morning, I guess the scale felt bad... tricking me in such a horrible way..
Because, with my normal routine.. I stepped on... 0.8lbs down.
I didn't trust it at first.. and proceeded to move the bathroom scale around the bathroom to check to make sure that it was level and correct.

Good Scale... Not Scaring Me is a GOOD thing.

Not that I losing 6 pounds would kill me... I'm sure it be fine... However, in one day... Just seemed like I was dying or something.


Happy Tuesday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment