People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Being Creeped Out.



I went to sleep last night.
I climbed into bed....
And then I had that creeped out feeling.
The one that makes you go into the fetal position, and not be able to open your eyes.

The moment when you are over aware of the weight of the comforter on top of your body.
Or how the air in the room has gone suddenly cold.

Yup... I had one of those moments.

I, on occasion, hate really dark rooms.
It's been this way since I was a kid.
Would you say that I'm afraid of the dark?
No. Not at all.
I just get uncomfortable at certain times... for no reason it seems.

This happened last night.
Somehow
Someway 
I got to sleep...

But, I suppose I wasn't sleeping as soundly as I thought.
Because out of nowhere.

I swear on anything, cross my heart and hope to die type of swearing...
Something TOUCHED my head.

I leaped out of bed.
I screamed out like a child awakening from a nightmare.

No Joke.
Not Kidding.

I always have a nightlight on...
This isn't for my problem with the dark...
But, more so if Emry comes into my room in the middle of the night...
So he doesn't trip on Whatever I have flung on the floor before bed.
Pillows... Hoodies... a slipper.... Lord knows what ends up on my floor when I am lazily climbing into bed.

So.. with that said... nightlight on...
I scan the room...
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

Klay must have heard me, or already been on the stairs coming to bed.. because he was in the room a short moment later.

It was the weirdest feeling.
And I am still completely CREEPED OUT.

Just thought I'd share this with you.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment