People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, March 25, 2013

I did it!

I lost weight this weekend!
I went out to eat at Chili's...
We had takeout on Sunday..

AND I DIDN'T EAT LIKE A COW.
MADE SMART CHOICES.
AND STILL WAS ACTIVE ENOUGH TO LOSE A LITTLE WEIGHT!


I DID IT!!

I am so proud of myself.
The weekends scare me the most.
Because, it's where I find I am at my weakest... with eating, and control of my portions.

I proved that I could do it, that I could stick to my guns... 
Even with Temptation..

OH BOY WAS THERE TEMPTATION.


Let me tell you about my weekend:

Saturday should go down in the records as the fastest day on earth.
From 7a - 11p my day was on the move!
I woke up, and was instantly getting ready for Emry's party.

For breakfast, I had a hard boiled egg, and 1/2 cup of raspberries. YUM!

I had to make sure that I had the money I needed, pick up the cupcakes, get to the venue early.
Make sure that all party goers were accounted for... and that the presents made it to my car.
Got all the party-goers popcorn and a drink... 
And then, stood in the back of the theater, and waited for the eight...EIGHT BATHROOM BREAKS. Each kid went at a different time..
It was INSANE.

I had a 8oz. Minute Maid Lemonade while at the movies...
One of the kids didn't do "soft drinks" of any kind...
So, I sipped at it.
Which I needed... I was getting really hot running to and from with the kids...

After the movie, the venue set up a table for us. 
Each kid got a cupcake.
I did not EAT a cupcake.
Proud? I know you are!

Straight from the theater we went to Chili's
There was nine of us.
It was really nice to have a big family meal.
It was the first time that my sister and brother-in-law got to meet Klay's parents.


These are Chili's Classic Nachos, and they were being passed around the table.
Nope, I didn't have ANY.
Proud? I know... you are!


For my meal I had:
a lighter choice sirloin and some steamed broccoli
(the picture shows some weird sort of topping on the sirloin.. it wasn't there)

I did top it with:
6 spicy lime and garlic shrimp.

The whole meal was a total of:
580 calories
18g of Fat
13g of Carbs
52g of Protein

Over all.. it is not the worst thing I could have ate at Chili's.
Being as which some of their Salads are double that nutritional info... 
And I won't even talk about the 1,620 calorie burger they have.
Just saying.

Oh.. more proud feelings...
My sirloin came with Loaded Mashed potatoes...
I didn't even look at them.
The waitress took them away at the end of my meal and looked at my plate funny.

I was thinking, "Yes, you see right.. I did not touch ANY of those carb filled cheesy bacon scallion mashed potatoes. Not one bite!"


We had a busy night on Saturday.
Klay and I went to Lissa's house to build an entertainment unit.
More factual: Klay built it... I organized all the tools and pieces.

I had some hot tea, and 2 trefoil short breads.

And we got home around 11p.

It was a LONG day.

 
Sunday:

Was spent running around doing errands.
Washing Emry's sheets, and other miscellaneous chores.

Had a healthy salad for lunch.

And then had Chinese for dinner.

I found the healthiest and tastiest meal I could.
and
only ate half.

When I stepped on the scale this morning.
My weight was down.
And I was happy.

That's a GREAT WEEKEND.
If I should say so myself.

How was yours?!









1 comment:

  1. holy smokes. that is quite a busy weekend but sounds like fun! you are brave, i don't think i would ever consider having a party for my kids at the movies. i think i'd lose my mind! haha. go you!

    yay for totally awesome eating! woot, woot! :)

    ReplyDelete