People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, March 18, 2013

Peace and Quiet.. remember that?

For the past 6 years,
I have gotten used to the fact that 
"Peace and Quiet"
were no longer friends of mine.

All of my friends out there who have children,
understand this statement completely.

The second you give birth;
your life completely changes...
There is no quiet... there are milliseconds of peace.
But, never together.
"Peace and Quiet" officially leave the building.

However,
on Saturday and Sunday...
"peace and quiet" came for a visit.
A BLISSFUL, WONDERFUL VISIT.

Who/What do I thank for this?

LEGO CITY TRAINS.
The trains that move?!

Yeah...
God Bless you LEGO.

Emry spent Friday Afternoon/Early Evening and Saturday Early Morning
constructing this set.
I'd say a total of 4 hours was spent in building.
But, the rest of the weekend was spent PLAYING.
(and rebuilding).

He woke up on Saturday morning and brushed his teeth...
Went straight back into his room to build.
I slept until 8a.
HOLY CRAP?! RIGHT?!
When we came home from running errands..
He went straight back.
Played until I called him for lunch.
Went back and played again.

So on and so forth until Sunday afternoon/evening.

This weekend.
Oh my goodness...

I am almost ready to bake cookies and send them to LEGO Corporate.

So nice.
So calm.
Couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend.

A relaxing, NICE WEEKEND...

Filled with my old friends:
"PEACE AND QUIET"

No comments:

Post a Comment