People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rants of a Not-So Curvy Mama

It's been a while since I've done a post about being a Mom.

So, I decided for today...
I'd throw one into the mix.

My baby...
My wee baby boy...
Is turning 6 years old.
in 6 days.

I want to get him a "big boy" present...
Something that shows him that I know that he is no longer my wee baby...

He is totally into trains..
So, I was thinking about finally taking the leap
and getting into
LIONEL.

These are the running electric, die cast metal trains...
It's the real deal...

And the real deal cost
A REALLY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY.

Starter set of O-Gauge trains..
$349.95

You get a Lead Engine, Tender, Freight Car and Caboose.
Batteries, Remote Control Transformer, Enough track to make a 5 ft circle...
And that's it.

That's more than my monthly car payment.
That's almost like 2 weeks worth of groceries...
That's going to cost at least TWICE AS MUCH AS HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY!

And..
I am still trying to find a way to get it.

*Slaps Forehead*

I must be coming down with something.

Like stupid-mama-itis.

Which leads me to my rant...

EVERYTHING is wicked expensive now a days.
It's completely unfair.
We all bust our rear ends to put a roof over our children's heads.
We don't spoil them so we can make the bills...
But, every once in a while...
I just would LOVE to be able to treat my son to the EXACT thing he wants...
Without worrying about not being able to make my bills.

And, it's not like I don't have a decent job.
I DO.
It's not like I don't have savings.
I DO.
But, I am also used to the Universe giving me a kick in the ass, when I attempt to do things like this.
 

I'm overly cautious with our money.
There are no guarantees in this world.
EVER.

So, what will I do?
Will I put in the risk?
Will I just forget the thought even entered my head?

Not sure.
Can't seem to come to a solid decision that makes me feel okay...

What would you do?
It's not like Emry even knows that I was thinking about doing this.
I've been pushing off the electric train purchases for OVER a year now...

I was thinking of splitting it with a few family members...
But, that takes away from any of their thoughts for his birthday.

**SIGHS**

He'll love whatever he gets.
He is appreciative of being thought of.

Just wanted to win the "Coolest Mom Ever" Award.

At least for once...


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you are feeling. When my son was your son's age, he loved the Power Rangers. I went to many stores trying to find him the White Ranger. I wanted him to think I was cool for getting him that. I did find it, and he was very happy. On Sunday, my little boy will be 26 years old. Sometimes I don't know where the time went. Enjoy your son at 6 because before you know it, he will be married and a father to an adorable little girl.

    ReplyDelete