People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another Pound... More Drama.... and Food.

I have officially lost 16.2lbs.
I am very excited about this.

The doctors appointment I went to on Monday afternoon, was able to diagnose my problem, and I am now on the path to recovery. The slow... painful... path.

You don't need to know what's wrong.
Trust me.
It's 100000% a TMI thing.

Work has been awkward.
There has been definite drama.
I know I handled it well.
I should have known better that it would work out on my side.
It didn't.

And, even though it's "smoothed" over in their eyes...
I am currently, and silently planning a lateral move to another company that will respect my character, honesty and integrity. 
But, I will find the right position first.
Not going to flip-flop from position to position.
I am a monogamous worker...
of sorts.

 It makes me sad, that in my 3 years at this company that I have not earned any "street cred".

Everything is an experience.
Life is a journey.
No negative.
Only positive.
Pushing toward the bright future I have.

Back to my new current topic of conversation:
MY HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

Now that I am just about to my goal... 
(give or take a few more pounds, and toning Muffiny areas)
I can feel this weird thing.
UNMOTIVATION.
It's creeping in.
I can totally feel it.
I know I have all the healthy choices in the world in my refridgerator.
However, I am still day dreaming about that Huge Burger from Buffalo Wild Wings.

I think it may have a little to do with my stress.
But, seriously... I have made the decision to be healthy.
And Buffalo Wild Wings.. can not be a week day DINNER option.
Perhaps.. once a month... if ANYTHING.
But, seriously..
Fast Food/Restaurant Food should not be on my brain.



This week the healthy options I prepared were:


Eggplant and Tomato Bake Recipe
Low Cal - Eggplant and Tomato Bake
 Now, when you look at this recipe... you will see one very clear WEIRD ingredient.
PLAIN Yogurt.
Now, if you are anything like me, do not be dismayed or grossed out by that.
Once baked, the plain yogurt no longer tastes disgusting... 
It actually tastes like ricotta cheese.
So, this, in essence, is a low-cal Eggplant Parmesean. 
Trust me.
It's killer.

The next thing I made, and improvised on was:

Lighter Chicken Egg Foo Young  Recipe
Lighter Chicken Egg Foo Young

This recipe fulfilled my need for Chinese Food, and the hankering for EGGS. 
Seriously.. I wanted quiche SO BAD!!!!
You use egg whites.... which cuts the calories down extremely!

Now... where I improvised:
I could not figure how to make and store said Egg Foo Young.
So, instead of Egg Pancakes.. I made a HUGE egg bake out of it.
The recipe shows how you can make 2 servings.
I just adjusted the servings to 12. 
This way.. it would make a few meals for the 3 of us... Emry couldn't eat this.
SOY Sauce is one of the KEY ingredients.
I took the pre-cooked (but, not TOO overcooked) chicken, and I placed it in a Pyrex baking dish, with the other combined ingredients.
I had the oven preheated to 350, and I let it cook for about 10 minutes, before I checked it.
You will notice, the egg whites take a while to set up with this method. 
Don't fret.
Just check it every 5 minutes after that, until it is JUST about perfectly set up.

Loved it.


My house LOVED both of these.
And, I think I am showing them that on a weekly basis...
We can eat Healthy and YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. Damn! Go you! So proud of you!! I need to lose 16lbs lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like the worst friend ever! i haven't read any blogs in a week and i find out you are sick ugh! i hope everything it okay and you recovery from whatever it is. AND that work isn't going great. ugh worst friend award! i should get my bumb on here and read more. :)

    i will most def make that eggplant dish! i LOVE eggplant! :)

    ReplyDelete