People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, April 22, 2013

They say you have to FEED a COLD

Have you ever heard that old saying:
"Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever"

Well, this weekend... I had to... Feed a Cold.

It kind of started on Friday, I had this wicked sore throat...
Advil Cold and Sinus seemed to take care of it...
But, four hours after taking the dose, I would need to take another dose...
IMMEDIATELY.

My body had the aches...
My eyes were showing signs of an oncoming fever.

I had to...

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy04OWI2YmZjMWNlNGFjYTZm.png

This weekend, I had a brief intermission from a Healthy Lifestyle....
I ate WHATEVER I wanted.

And, I knew my body needed it, because as soon as I was done with what I was eating slamming into my face, I was instantly hungry again.

I must have drank 3 gallons of water...

Sunday was, by far, the worse day of the weekend.
It is when I was sure I was feverish... the thermometer said otherwise.
But, I had this heat that seemed to be coming from EVERYWHERE.
Behind my eyes, in my sinuses, out my ears, from my toes....
I totally felt like I was burning up.
Thermometer kept reading on (or around) a 99...
Not a fever...
Trust me... if it were a fever, it be 103... or 104....
I just run very high fevers...

I didn't weigh myself at all this weekend.
I took a vacation from being healthy...
I had a bagel... I had lots of carbs... I think I even had a cupcake...
and some chips....
My dad and I made a warm Brie and Cranberry dip and demolished it with crackers.
I made a huge roast pork loin for the week... with a couscous risotto.
Not the most healthy of meals.
I probably won't eat a lot of it.

But, honestly, it's the best pork loin I have ever made.

I purchased a 5.25lb pork loin.
I rubbed it with:
Garlic Powder
Cumin
Onion Powder
Chipotle Chili Pepper
White Pepper
Ground Mustard
Ginger

I seared it on both sides, and then placed it in a preheated 375 degree oven.
Covered and Cooked for about an hour. 

It came out super tender, and juicy.
Let off a lot of nice liquid, that turned into a nice gravy.

The couscous risotto:
One box of Couscous (prepared to directions)
Diced and Sauteed Squash and Onion
Plain Hummus
 Garlic and Lemon Juice

Mixed Together.

Overall it was a very tasty meal.

I have a bunch of healthy options for my week:
Boca Burgers
Tilapia Fillets
Salad
Yogurt
Lean Cuisines

So, I am not going to repeatedly fall into temptation!


But, having a cold..

No Fun.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yrtqYJDH6eg/T5Kzkplc4aI/AAAAAAAAp7M/aXM9otM5l18/s400/funny-cat-pictures-its-feed-a-cold-starve-a-fever.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I'm sorry, it sounds like you had the same cold I just got over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colds are absolutely positively horrible, but at least you had an excuse to eat whatever your heart desired : )

    ReplyDelete