People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Life Change is a Journey.. Filled with GINORMOUS POTHOLES

Still have 9lbs to lose...
I was at 7... I was pretty excited...
And then enter Klay last night at 8p:

Klay: "I am STARVING."
Me: "Food in the fridge...."
Klay: "I don't want that... I want HOT WINGS!"
Me: *eyebrow raise* "Oh, you going to order some?"
Klay: "Yes. Buffalo Wild Wings.. you want anything"

**Let's pause here for the internal monologue that took 5 seconds to have, but felt like a 3 hour debate.**

I thought to myself: 
"You had dinner 2 hours ago. It was healthy, and filling. You are not hungry. You are craving. Go get a glass of water. A steakhouse burger would be awesome, that's like 30grams of fat and 1000 calories, why would you even say that. Are you DAFT?! But, I have been doing so GOOD... I haven't had anything THIS FATTENING in 2 months! Come on.. one burger. It isn't just a burger though.. it is 2 burger patties, sliced steak, jalapeno queso cheese, 2 onion rings, and the hot sauce of your choice. ON A BUN!!! What are you thinking? I'm thinking I want the burger... with the fries... You are being such a stupid bitch right now.. Jesus, you are being so stubborn, JUST SAY YES TO THE DAMN QUESTION... he's looking at me funny, am I talking out loud? No, we are talking to ourselves... Wait, we are talking about us as WE now... What the fuck?!?!?! Just ANSWER HIM!

Me: Yes. I want a Steakhouse Burger.
Klay: *pauses* Really?
Me: No.. YEs... Yes I do.

And then I ate it...
All the burger, and most of the fries...

from 7lbs to go.. BACK to 9lbs to go...

Ugh...

*Slaps Face*

A healthy lifestyle is a journey.. filled with enormous potholes.
That is my new thought on this...


I am going to be healthy 80% of the time.. but that other 20%... well, there is a possibility that I won't be.
I will still continue to take my butt to the gym 5 days a week.
I will try very hard to be active at home on the other 2 days...

But, I will not get myself down over this.
I am making a lifetime commitment to myself.
To be the best me, in the best shape, I can be.
I know it sounds super corny...

But, it's true.

And, after all that internal monologue-ing...
The burger still made me sick to my stomach.
But, I do admit...
For that 10 minutes of eating it..
I was enjoying it.
IMMENSELY!

Will it happen again...
Probably not for another 2 or 3 months...
But, it will...
Even fitness guru's slip every once in awhile. 
Right?

I still got my butt back in the gym this morning.
I still worked out like I was running from zombies...
I still packed a healthy breakfast and lunch.
And I intend to eat a healthy dinner... 
(and also not to eat a second dinner.. I'm not a hobbit, I am not a hobbit.)

Well, that's it for now...
Stay Happy People!

5 comments:

  1. Hey it just proves that you're human!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think it's good to "mess up" and give in sometimes. My problem is that I have a hard time getting back on track or give in too often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happens to us all. I am constantly fighting with my weight. I am finally losing weight. It is at a slow pace but at least it is coming off. The eating good and walking is helping. I feel much better for it. Keep up the good work. You will get to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never enjoying yourself would make this a punishment instead of a lifestyle change. That would set you up for failure. You're doing awesome - focus on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO @ worked out like I was running from zombies! :D

    ReplyDelete