People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, June 3, 2013

The start of week #2 in the new house.

Still operating without a chore board...
Still getting everything done... or so I think I am!

I have gotten back into the swing of preparing a weeks worth of healthy meals...
Well, technically, only 1 meal this week.

This week (or for as long as they last) we will be enjoying:

Vegetarian Stuffed Poblanos

Now the picture above, doesn't really show a poblano... Those are definitely jalapenos... 
But, the picture will suffice.

I must admit this was SUPER easy to make.

Emry cannot enjoy them with us, because of the vegetarian burgers containing soy...
So he will be eating off of our fruits, veggies, cold cuts and stocked cupboard!

I also made a side of rice and beans to go with it.
I probably won't eat much of that though...
We have a lot of salad, and tomatos, and fruit...
I think that's what I'll pair it with.

I made 16 servings, but, if that should disappear before the weeks end...
I have a curried chicken soup that has been in the freezer, waiting to be thawed.
Mmmmm....

This past weekend was filled with more moving, purchasing, and cleaning.
We had to buy a lawn mower, the 1/2 acre of property we have, was ALREADY getting crazy long...
 We thought we would go to Lowe's and buy it in the morning, so that we could get it back to the house, and then do the rest of the packing from the old house.

That didn't happen.
Lowe's "Load and Go" truck was out, and the wait time wasn't awful... 
So we waited for it...
Only to find out that the time estimate was WAY off...
3 hours later.
UGH. I was so pissy....

We get the darn thing home.
I was not in the move for heavy lifting, so I chose to blow off the moving aspect of the day...
In turn, I cleaned the house.
I did the bathrooms, and I steam cleaned the floors.
They look super shiny now.
SO NICE! 

The rest of the night, we spent relaxing, which was nice, because I was very tired...
Even though the majority of the day was spent WAITING.
Stupid Lowe's...
Stupid stupid stupid.

The highlight of Saturday, though, was barbecuing for the first time in our new backyard.
It was so nice... I mean, it wasn't like fancy BBQ... we had hot dogs and salad.
But, it was peaceful...
And that made me really happy.
 
Sunday was kind of a race the clock day.
It was supposed to pour, and we had a lot of things to move from our old shed...
Klay got his dad's SUV, so we were able to do it in three trips..
Three trips in 4 hours... 
It was like someone was holding down the fast forward button...
Gosh was I tired after that.

I unpacked a box or two...
And then was done for the day... 

We watched Game of Thrones..
(Side note: if you watch GoT: What the What WAS THAT?!?!)

And then we went off to bed.
Seriously, I thought I was going to drift right off to sleep.
That did not happen.
My legs started to cramp up...
So did my knees.
It was AWFUL.
I had to take a muscle relaxer...
It made the pain subside...
BUT, it made it even harder for me to fall asleep.

There were moments, when I would lay there awake...
and then look over to Klay... He'd be looking right back at me.
I guess it wasn't a "sleepy time" sort of night.
UGH.

Sitting at work now,
My stomach is acting really stupid...
I'm pretty nauseous...
YUCK YUCK YUCK.

And it is super rainy outside...
It just makes me want to go home...
and curl up under the blankets...

How was your weekend?
 

2 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY on being in the house :)

    So glad you're getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm....that pic looks tasty even though I hate jalepenio peppers. I am Mexican and I hate jalepenios wth kind of Mexican am I? HAHA but anyway I love cheese and just about whatever is covered in cheese I will eat! That pic made me hungry :/

    ReplyDelete