People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Time


The question came to me:
What do I wish I had more time to do?

And my comment to BBS was:
"I would like to find more time to be Just Mom… Not the worker bee, cleaning bee, busy bee…
I would like to fine more time to enjoy my son."

It's the truth... I want to be able to enjoy Emry more.
As a working mother, it's hard to find that balance...
To maintain that Nurturing Providing Aficionado...

There is always something to clean...
There is always some project to be done...
Some book to be read..
Some homework to be done...
Some food to be cooked...
(Recently) Some box to be unpacked...

There is almost no time for...

"Mama, can you play with me?"

Hell, I can always find a reason to say:

"No honey, not now, we have stuff to do..."

There will always be stuff to do..

There will not always be a little boy, who wants nothing more than to play with his parents...

I have to remember that...
I always tend to forget...

He will not be a little boy forever.

Emry has been wanting to go on these paddle boats, at a local lake...
He also wants to bring a lunch on a boat, and eat on the water...
(My little nature boy)

We've been putting it off for WEEKS...
Perhaps this weekend..
What the hell.. Perhaps?!

If it doesn't rain..
We are going on the freaking lake.

That's the way this is going to get done..

You have to make the time for the fun...
Just as you make the time for the work...

It has to be balanced, or how else will you have a full life?

Am I making sense here?

I hope I am... otherwise this post will be completely pointless...

**Sighs**

There are 24 hours in a day, and I spend 8.5 hours commuting and working... 
I spend at most 8 hours sleeping... 
That leaves me 7.5 hours of a week day to cook, clean, and fit in some DAMN fun!

So...

I guess the point of this is...
And, what I felt hit me as I read over at BBS...

There will be never enough time to do everything...
So do what counts.
My family and I... 
are what's most important...
(at least in my world.)
 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You'll figure it out. :)

    Reading your post it made me think of this one. http://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/2012/08/yes-day-i-really-did-it.html

    Take a read, see if it's inspiring - at the very least you'll laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that :( my daughter wants nothing more than for us to leave her alone. I wish I would have done the same thing, said yes more often. Because now I'm having play pangs or hang out pangs or movie night pangs. You're a wonderful mother, and it shows by your son just wanting to spend time with you at all!

    But anywho, hell yeah, go out and have more fun! Because after working your heart out, what will be left is just more work. But there is never a limit to fun with your family, those are hours, minutes and memories that are limited and time you can't get back! That is what I keep trying to tell my fiance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so lets try this again (hopefully the darn iPad won't freeze this time) I recently reported something very similar to this. I used to be one of those people who had absolutely no balance in my life. Like you, there was always something pressing that had to be done, and all to often I heard myself telling my kids "maybe later" although later never seemed to come. Then my life did a total 180 after loosing my son

    Hell yes you deserve play time. Play time is far more important than a clean house, or any of the other mundane chores that you have to do in a day, the house will still be there, but kids grow up right before our eyes... Go you!!! You should be proud of yourself

    Check out my similar post http://mommysrambles.blogspot.com/2013/06/nothing-is-more-important-than-family.html

    ReplyDelete