People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, June 24, 2013

When life is good... it's really good.

I know the title sounds silly.
But, it's the best I got right now.

Our weekend was beautiful.
The weather was warm and sunny.
We got all the chores done, and were able to have some great fun..

Spending time with my son.. watching Klay and he go paddle boating.

We went out to eat on Sunday...

And overall enjoyed each other. 

I also made a very cool dish! 
Not very "healthy"... but it's all in one pot.. .so I will share it with you!


Photo: Blow your MIND" Tomato Basil Pasta! - No Straining, just Stirring 

 (Please click on pic then click SHARE so recipe saves to your timeline. You can refer back to it later!)

 Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth, Olive Oil, and Seasonings (details below)
 
 Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! - Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
 Ingredients

 12 ounces pasta (I used Linguine)
 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used zesty red pepper flavor)
 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
 Parmesan cheese for garnish

 Directions

 Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.

 Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .

 Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese. 

Simply The Best You...Healthy and Happy
found it on a facebook share... honestly.
Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! - Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
Ingredients

12 ounces pasta (I used Penne)

1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used oregano, basil and galic flavor)
1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese for garnish (if so desired)

Directions


Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.


Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .


Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
 



Now I know what you are thinking...
Did this really work?

Yup.
It did.

And, I got to say, it smelled AMAZING.
I have to note, you do need to stir it a LOT. Every two minutes is NOT an exaggeration.
I still had one or two crusty penne pieces on the bottom of the pot.

I also grilled up a package of chicken sausage to dice up and place on top of the pasta.

So, I'm scared to do this, but let's break down the nutitional value of this meal!

We will not include the Parmesan cheese, since it's only if you really WANT it.

This comes out to roughly 8-10 servings

Per serving we are looking at:

CALORIES = 286.4
FAT = 7 grams
CARBS = 41 grams
PROTEIN = 15 grams

 Overall this is not a completely unhealthy meal.
There are a lot of carbohydrates in it..
But, honestly, we are talking about a PASTA dish.. what would you expect?

There are great elements in this. 
And it's in one stinking pot.

Come on fellow mothers.. REJOICE...
One pot...
Done in 10 - 12 minutes! 
AMAZING!


I have officially lost another pound.
I am 9 pounds away from my second goal.

If my app is correct, I will be seeing my new goal weight in about a month.

I am staying on track, and it feels wonderful.

And this weekend, I learned, that I can do 100 situps in one sitting, without feeling like shit.
I can think that's an amazing indication of my endurance and my increased strength.

How was your weekend?
Happy Monday People!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness girl! I am going to make this! It looks so tasty. I love dishes like this where you throw everything raw in one pot and it cooks at the same time. Thank you for posting this! Keep the good recipes coming! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my kinda recipe.........ONE POT including the uncooked pasta??? SOLD!

    ReplyDelete