People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, June 6, 2013

When you find yummy leftovers....

I woke up this morning not feeling well...
I did my morning routine on complete and utter autopilot.
I brought my yogurt to work for breakfast..

I went to the gym on autopilot...
UNTIL
This entirely overwhelming pain formed in my gut.
I'm not even 3 minutes into a 15 minute elliptical run...
I knew I wasn't going "all the way" (so to speak) this morning...
I did 10 minutes, and promised to do an extra 5 of weight training.

My stomach would subside... and then come back...
But, I made it through the rest of the workout (with the extra 5 minutes of weight training included.)
I didn't burn as many calories as I normally do...
But...
Honestly, I felt like that thing from ALIEN was going to jump out of my stomach...
So.
Whatever.

I come upstairs, get cleaned up from the gym...
Stomach still flipping me the bird.

I open the fridge to grab my yogurt...

THERE IT WAS.
I HAD FORGOTTEN COMPLETELY ABOUT IT.

A work friend had made sausage gumbo over rice...
I hadn't eaten it, because I had brought lunch that day...
And I had swore I would bring it home...
Not that I would eat it...
But, I thought Klay would like it.

THERE IT SAT.
In it's beautiful opaque white container, with clear lid.
Calling to me.

"You feel awful... You need comfort food... Not that low cal yogurt"

Marley's GHOST? 
No.. Gumbo.. Gumbo talking to me from the fridge.

I ignored it. Promised myself I would bring it home tonight for Klay...
And began to eat my yogurt.

*muffled noises from the break room fridge*

"Why are you doing this to us?! We are meant to be together!"

My resistance faltered...

I got up.

I went to the fridge.

I held the container...

And then... I threw the fuckhead in the garbage... I mean, SERIOUSLY... if I hear this thing SPEAKING to me a room away (speaking at all, I know I know, we know I'm crazy) it must be bad news.

So..
I killed the yummy leftovers...

But, I swear...
They had it coming.

And...
Then...
Magically
(not magically... maybe physiologically)
My stomach feels better.


So.
Win, Win...
If you ask me.

3 comments: