People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, June 13, 2013

When you have the "In-Law" feelings without the actual "In-Laws"

I have been with Klay for a long time now...
We are "in a relationship"...
I wouldn't say we date...
or that he's my boyfriend...
He's my significant other.
My partner.

His parents are good, decent people...

But, even though they aren't directly my family...
I am having those "In-Law" feelings about them.

It all started when I overheard them wanting to rent out a property they own.
I have a friend (and her husband) who were looking for a property in that area.
On their request (my compadres), I began laying the ground work.

I gave Klay's Parents the low-down on who they were, when they were looking to rent...
When they were looking to call them to see it...

Everything was right on track.

So, low and behold...

My friend texts me today, to tell me that upon setting up an appointment to view this property, Klay's mother told her they were selling it instead....

Wait a second.
Stop for a minute.
WHAT THE FUCK?

It's not that they changed their minds.
It's their property.. they can do with it as they please...
It's that, THEY didn't tell me...
So, that I didn't look like a complete moron to my friend (who is also a coworker. Her husband is too.)

I got this burning feeling in my gut.
It's really kind of rude.
And it's not like we only discussed it once.
We discussed it several times, and as of 2 weeks ago they were a'ok with it.

My friend says, everything is cool, no big deal.. if it doesn't work out.

But... I think for me, it's the principle of the matter.

How little must they respect me, if they didn't even tell me
"By the way, tell your friend we are leaning towards selling."
 
Am I being sensitive about this one?
 
It isn't the first time my toes have been stepped on.
Mother's Day was another example.
 
When Klay and I (Emry and my dad too) had planned on going to Joe's Crabshack...
And we invited Klay's parents... because it was for freaking mother's day!
 And they didn't want to go, because of the "potential crowds"...

So, I submitted, because family is important... and we did something at their home.
No big deal right?

The other day... They send Klay a picture of them eating crab, at Joe's Crab Shack.
*twitch*
Want to note, we haven't had time or funds since Mother's Day, to go....

That touched a nerve as well.

I know these are very very trivial things...

It just seems like rude treatment... and I don't understand why.

They are not even my "In-Laws" and I am having those types of feelings about them.

I'm trying to find the positive light...
But I haven't yet...
I'll get there...

Thoughts?


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh hell no! That joes crabshack thing ticked me off just by reading it and then having the nerve to send a pic. And yes they should have been open with you and told you about selling. I can understand your frustrations. Me myself I would have knocked out both of them. Errrr...I really need to work on my anger issues *giggles* No but seriously...if more little things like that pop up you should discuss it with both of them with your bf right there.

    ReplyDelete