People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, June 3, 2013

Why does eating unhealthy TASTE SO GOOD?!

Since we have been moving and unpacking a lot on the weekends, I have been a little lot lax on the healthy eating... 
My crazy, fat-girl brain, keeps telling me about all the calories I am burning lifting, pushing, bending, reaching, and other movements. 
So, needless to say... the past two weekends have been "whatever I want" food items.
Not good.
I know... Not good.

I realize that if I submit to two weekend days of this mindset, that I am more apt to do it during the week.
I will not let that happen.
THIS IS A PERMANENT HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
IT IS NOT A DAMN DIET.
(vent vent vent vent)

 So, I have decided, that I need to tighten the reigns and have some more discipline on the weekends.
Now, the way I am going to force myself to do this is:

PERFECT 10 CHALLENGE


Ten days of strict, disciplined eating and exercise.

1. No sugar/sweets (except fruit)
2. No white flour/potatoes
3. Eat as clean as possible
4. Drink at least 100 oz. of water daily
5. High protein
6. Low carbs (I like to stay under 100g)
7. 3+ miles of walking daily
8. Weights every other day (working on upper body right now)
9. Daily devotional time.
10. No salty snacks!


Now, if I start this tonight, it will take me through until next Wednesday. It will force me to go through a weekend on a disciplined healthy menu... with devotional time to reflect on my choices. 

I know that I can handle this during the week, all aspects of this list.
But on the weekend, the following points are going to be interesting...

100 ounces of water
I find that for some odd reason I do not drink much at home...
It's completely weird.
Perhaps it is easier at work, because I have the 16 oz. cup full and in front of me all day. 
I will need to figure out a way to do this...
I think I can I think I can....
 
 3+ miles of walking
During the week, I do 15 minutes (roughly 1.7 miles) on the elliptical in the morning. I also, take the stairs everywhere... I do about 3 miles of walking/jogging between the hours of 7:30a and 4p.
At home, it isn't that easy...
I'm hoping for a halfway decent weekend, even a drizzle of rain wouldn't bother me...
This way, I could walk my new neighborhood... 
I think that will help me pull of this goal (or at least get close to it.)
We love hiking, but, the fact we have to drive to a trail, makes it harder to procrastinate with.

WEIGHTS
During the week I do about 10 minutes of weight training in the morning.  
(5 minute on a 10lb weighted ab crunch machine and 5 minutes of progressively heavier leg presses. I start at 25lbs @ 20 reps and then I move as high as I can within the five minutes. Today I was able to get to 95lbs.)
At home, unless I am picking up groceries, or moving a box... I am not doing any. I do not even own a set of weights... I really need to change that... My father has a weight set... I should probably see about working around with that.  

I am pretty sure those are the only things that will be my hurdles for the weekend.

Thanks to Hollie, for writing about this motivational, keep on track challenge.
I am excited to start!


3 comments:

  1. That's what I try to explain to other people, this is a life change not a diet! You end diets, I'm not ending eating healthy lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost cut out all the junk and I truely enjoy it! I don't crave junk food anymore, i really like the feeling of powerful and full of energy after eating a healthy meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the best. I am a sucker for junk food, but I desperately need to make some life changes.

    ReplyDelete