People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family vs. Healthy Lifestyle

Overall, Klay, my dad and Emry have been very accepting of my new Healthy Lifestyle.

They haven't really minded the healthy week meals...

They quite enjoy the immense amounts of fruits and veggies I am keeping in the house, and the fact that I still buy them chips and cookies... 

But, I can tell..
from the past couple of days...
They are ready for my exercising at home to be over.

Not sure why...
Since I really don't go too insane at home...

But, 
let's throw it out there....

Sunday Night:

It's about 7:30p, and I am watching Ghost Hunters on SyFy (On Demand TV is my Best Friend), while I do situps and russian twists.
And, my dad sits down in the dining room, and looks at me:
"What are you doing on the floor?"
(I must have been in between sets)
"Situps."
"What has come over you with this new exercise persona?"
**Blink Blink**
"Because I'm seeing results."
(And I went straight back to doing my situps and twists.)

Earlier that day, I bought my first bikini in 6.5 years.... Did he really have to ask what has come over me?

My dad recently found out that he has high cholesterol...
I can also tell you that my dad is becoming significantly over weight.
Mostly in his stomach...
Which worries me...

I thought, over time, especially with the healthy meals I have been planning, that he would start to lose some weight.. 
Or even maybe would try to start exercising.... 

No.. it seems that he just is getting a little resentful of my process.

I try not to push my lifestyle on people..
I was just kind of hoping that I would "lead by example."
And maybe they would follow...

By they, I mean Klay too...

Let's talk about Monday Night and Klay:

Once again, It's after 7:30... We made the lunches for the next day..
And he's sitting in the arm chair looking up stuff for his brewing (He makes amazing dark beers)...
And me:
I am doing my 5-10 minutes of Situps, with russian twists... 
(I am really trying to focus on my obliques.. get rid of the rest of this muffin top)...

And the entire time we are talking, while I exercise, he has this half smirk on his face.
I can see from the expression, that me doing this is amusing to him...
But, not in that "go you!" way anymore...
But in that "jeez, you've hit your 1st goal, can you quit it now."


It makes me want to be reclusive and do my exercising alone, in the bathroom before my bath, or in the downstairs den...
Where I am not in anyone's way...

But, you know, I don't see what the big deal is...
Really I don't....

And honestly,
THEY ARE MY FAMILY.
THEY SHOULD APPLAUD MY EFFORT, AND MY CONSISTENCY.

See, if this was just a diet..
I would have quit already...
And just been ready to pack on the pounds again.

This is who I am now.
This is who I will be forever.
I want to be happy, healthy and fit.

Is that so wrong?
No, it's not.

It brings me to my point...and questions for you guys:

In your weight loss journeys... whether from the past, present or future plans...

Do you find that your family can discourage you, rather than bring you up?
 
How do you deal with that?

Do you think that if your family is supporting your new life style, that it makes it harder to maintain it? 

How does your family play a roll in your journey?  

When do you know it's time to include them?
or on the other hand, be more private with your Journey?


Have a Happy and Safe Day My Friends!


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. Thank you so much for sharing this to us. Me and my cancer alternative treatment center friends likes this so much. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete