People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I need a new belt

The purpose of a belt is to hold ones pants up...
Or to define a waist line in a really cute dress...
Right?

Okay.. Well...... 
We all know that my pants just don't fit anymore. I don't even try to put on a belt with those bad boys... However, I figured, I could use a belt to jazz up one of the cotton dresses I own... Since they are officially 2 sizes to big... 

That was the plan.
I put the belt on the tightest loop...
Fell down to my lower hips.
Which is REALLY freaking awesome..
But, seriously?
I really wanted to make this work... So, I went to my sewing kit, and found my leather needles. Thick and Durable enough to push through leather, without bending the needle. I made a hole... where the belt would actually fit my waist.. and then opened it up slightly with a very sharp kitchen knife...

The belt fits now... Sort of... But, you can tell that I really shortened this belt... SIGNIFICANTLY. 
Looking down at the hole I made... it is at least 3 inches from the "tightest" original hole. 

AWESOME!

It's official.... I need to go clothes shopping... I need to bite this bullet. 
**Sighs** Not looking forward to spending the cash... But, I figure if I hit up a thrift store or two.. I might be able to find some things on the cheap cheap... 

Anyone want to donate clothes (Size 6 or 8) to a shrinking Kateri?

1 comment:

  1. Email me your current measurements of your waist and hips and I'll make you a new skirt.

    ReplyDelete